PDA

View Full Version : Why are Yankee fans so upset Arod opted out of his contract

3arod13
10-29-2007, 04:26 PM
For all the crap Yankee fans gave arod his entire time with the Yankees (except this year because he kept the Yankees in the game), they didn't want him. Now he opts out and they're all pissed. I figured all Yankee fans would be happy.

I do agree that he hasn't shown up in the post season, but they all wanted him gone. Why would they want to waste so much money on a player they hated his entire time in NY?

What's the problem?

http://baseball-fever.com/images/misc/progress.gif

indyred
10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
The Texas Rangers are the real winners here. They must be partying down there. They don't have to pay the Yanks the 22 million left on his contract they traded to the Yankees. I just don't get why people are surprised he opted out. I though most people knew he would.

3arod13
10-29-2007, 04:36 PM
The Texas Rangers are the real winners here. They must be partying down there. They don't have to pay the Yanks the 22 million left on his contract they traded to the Yankees. I just don't get why people are surprised he opted out. I though most people knew he would.

I only thought he would because how New York Fans and Media treated him. I wouldn't want to be in a place where I was treated like that either.

However, I still hoped he would have stayed in New York and proved he could do it in the post season and get a WS ring.

Oh well, let's see where this ends up.

ahuff
10-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I've got to think that NY has to be the hardest place to play. Fans are real tough on players for not doing what they want. As an outsider, it is as though the fans negativity can almost push a player into a slump. But you've got to admire the drive to be the best. That is something that more teams, players, and people should strive for.

However, if I was a Yankee fan, I guess you would be upset to lose the #1 player in the game. Players have options for this very reason.

The only time I blame a player is if they have signed a contract and then want more money during the course of the contract. That doesn't happen in the real world, and it shouldn't happen in la la land either. I believe their belief is that it is all about respect. Personally, if it was good for you 3 or 4 years ago, then abide by what you agreed to. If a player wants it that way, then can the team for a reduction in salary for a terrible season. Or can we, as fans, ask for a refund if we have to watch a guy play like a little leaguer?

I don't blame him for getting out if he can make more money, and it is even better if he can go to a place that appreciates him. I've just got to wonder if it will hurt the bidding, if the Yanks aren't in the picture. Not only that, but Peter Gammons thinks other things might hurt him as well.

“What’s unfortunate here is the total disrespect for the game of baseball. This is the World Series. [Boston’s] Dustin Pedroia and Jon Lester are doing what Alex has never done: playing in a World Series game. And to want the attention on this day is kind of a sad commentary and it might be a bit of a ‘buyer beware,’ because, again, he’s never played in a World Series game…maybe there’s a reason.”

Personally, I just love the jab at the end!!!