PDA

View Full Version : Arod value

cjclong
10-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Now that ARod has opted out of his Yankee contract the Yankees say they will not re-sign him. Assuming this happens and he goes to another team will the value of his game used items go down, go up or stay the same?

bigtruck260
10-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Barring any felonious adventures or HGH/Steriod scadals, A-Rod will be one of the biggest and most expensive stars (Salary and Memorabilia wise) in modern history. I stopped being a major A-Rod fan when he went to the Yanks (sorry Yanks fans)...but I still admire his ability, and his clean lifestyle.

Some of his gamers are tainted with bad or incorrectly written COA's - but anything he has touched in a game (or practice) will be gold someday. Wish I had the funds to buy outside of my collection...

D

BULBUS
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Definitely down. His stuff was never worth more than when he was with the Yanks. The market is flooded with his game used stuff. Now, without Yankee fans buying, the demand wont be there. I'm glad I sold my AROD gamer in August and got top dollar. I had a feeling this was going to happen. Good riddance!

worldchamps
10-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree, his stuff will decline for the most part, I think when/if he breaks the HR record and does it cleanily his stuff could go up for a very short time....but if he keeps manufacturing game used items like he has been doing, soon we will all have game used bats and the demand will not be there anymore. It is like the Bob Feller autograph, everyone has one, so they are worthless.. it is harder to find an unsigned 8x10 of him than a signed one

joelsabi
10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Now that ARod has opted out of his Yankee contract the Yankees say they will not re-sign him. Assuming this happens and he goes to another team will the value of his game used items go down, go up or stay the same?

I think his Yankee will go up since the supply now is gone. Demand for Yankee items should stay up especially milestone items. This is just my opinion.