PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Jerseys - How Much Is It Worth?

ahuff
10-29-2007, 08:29 AM
It appears that some minor league clubs are beginning to charge full (if not over inflated prices on some jerseys). I was just wondering what fellow forum members thought jerseys like these might be worth?

They are Cameron Maybin, Justin Upton, and Evan Longoria.

ahuff
10-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I've noticed that some people have checked out the post, but not answered. Perhaps I didn't ask this the proper way. I was simply wondering what people would be willing to pay for a jersey? It doesn't need to be set in stone.

For instance, I had always set my limit at $200 for bigger named minor league players. However, I've since noticed teams putting premiums on bigger named players that get the jerseys well over $250 to $500 for some of them. (That doesn't even take into account the Yankee minor league stuff being sold.) It just seems that for a collector (and dealers alike) this would really limit them should they have to sell the item. I'm simply a collector, but have discovered that is a real possibility, as it happened to me during some real lean income years. Afterall, I see common minor league jerseys sitting on ebay for $65-95. Some even sell well below $50. I've been able to purchase Nomar and KRod minor league jerseys for $200 and under. That would seem to show that even a current major league star's jerseys (from their minor league days) are tough to sell. Why should common jerseys be selling for $200? Or are they?

geoff
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I saw $1000 for a few on my thread page that I started.That is a crazy price in my mind because there are MLB Star Jerseys that are not even close to that price.

ahuff
10-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I saw $1000 for a few on my thread page that I started.That is a crazy price in my mind because there are MLB Star Jerseys that are not even close to that price.

I'm with you on that. The only way I can see it, is if it has a perfect photo match, and the guy is ALREADY a proven star at the MLB level. Just my 2 cents.

Also, can you give me a link to your post? Thanks.

brianborsch
10-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree, however, if a prospect is doing very well I can see their jersey selling for a premium price. In some cases, you may have the 1st professional jersey that player ever wore. To me, that's more important and valuable than his first MLB jersey he ever wore. The minor league jerseys are more likely to be one of a kind, where as in the Majors they get multiple sets.
I did see jay Bruce's LV Bats jerseys selling for more than 1K!?! That is ridiculous, unless he is already successful in the bigs. I am sure a crazed fan may buy it though. There is always one......I am one in my own regard.

chakes89
10-30-2007, 11:57 AM
One of Jay Bruce's Louisville jerseys only sold between 300-350.

brianborsch
10-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Was that his regular season jersey, or the pink jersey from the Mother's day games? The one on MLB.com sold for cheap. His regular season minor league jerseys are for sale through the team for like 1-2k!