PDA

View Full Version : World Series bats

indyred
10-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Have any of the Red Sox or Rockies been using World Series labeled bats? I know Louisville Slugger sends player's them to have with World Series engraved in them. I know we have an insider with LS here. Would be interesting to see who got issued bats from them. Anybody own any World Series labeled bats from past Series? Do other companies besides LS issue WS labeled bats?

godwulf
10-28-2007, 01:07 AM
I have two bats from the 2001 World Series: a Danny Bautista LS, with "2001 World Series" on the barrel, and a Randy Johnson Rawlings bat, with "WS 01" stamped on the knob.

gameused
10-28-2007, 03:46 AM
I'm pretty sure the guys that swing Louisville Sluggers regurarly have bats with 2007 World Series engraved on the barrel. On the Red sox that would be Youkilis, Pedroia, Lowell, J.D. Drew, Lugo, Kielty, Cora, Hinske. Manny and Ortiz may have some bats that were sent to them, but so far Manny has been using a X-bat during all his bats and Ortiz a Rawlings bat.

On the Rawlings bat they should be stamped on the knob with WS 2007.

Posted a pic of my Manny 2004 WS bat and the knob of a Jason Varitek 2004 ALCS Rawlings bat

Bobby

skyking26
10-28-2007, 07:55 AM
I have both a 88 and 89 World Series labled Mark McGwire GU bats. One is signed (the 89) and the 88 is not. They both are great.

RK

hblakewolf
10-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Have any of the Red Sox or Rockies been using World Series labeled bats? I know Louisville Slugger sends player's them to have with World Series engraved in them. I know we have an insider with LS here. Would be interesting to see who got issued bats from them. Anybody own any World Series labeled bats from past Series? Do other companies besides LS issue WS labeled bats?

Rawlings has labeled their World Series bat, as well. Below, 2 1993 Phillies gamers from my collection:

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

OaklandAsFan
10-28-2007, 10:33 AM
I am pretty sure Xbats have some sort of label for the world series (or at least used to) I have an Adam Melhuse Xbat that has 2003 AL Playoffs under his name.

BMH
10-28-2007, 10:41 AM
For the Sox we sent them to everyone but Ortiz and Varitek. Varitek to my knowledge has never swung us and Ortiz hasn't all year. No reason to waste the wood. Manny, has used the same bat through the whole series. He keeps promising to switch as soon as that one breaks. I don't blame him. Drew is swinging a LS, but not the ones we made for him. He found someones bat and has swung it ever since his first home run in the play offs. We made him some Maple Hickory one's like it, but I don't think he has switched. I forget the other players name.

On Colorado we have 5-6 players using our bats. Not a bad series for us!

Oh yeah, most position players are issued 3-4 bats. Starting pitchers get two and everyone else gets one. Plus, they all get WS BBB logo bats. The players usually have everyone else sign these and they keep them.

BMH
10-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I also got to say it's nice to be able to relax now. Rushing bats for next day delivery has been difficult. Our head turner also took vacation during the NLCS and ALCS. Our other turner is good but took him a few trys to get the weights correct.

DHL might be the official shipper of the MLB but God help us all. I had to remake Taveras's and Aktin's bats because of them. All the bats shipped out at the same time. Next day all showed up but those two orders. They were some where in Ohio. So we start remaking just in case the next day they still didn't make it. Next day, those orders were in Arizona! The second set we made them were too heavy so I had to remake them again! So the third set reaches them in Colorado at the same time the first shipment does...Plus, I still have to cut up the heavy ones. What a waste of wood.

gameused
10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
For the Sox we sent them to everyone but Ortiz and Varitek. Varitek to my knowledge has never swung us and Ortiz hasn't all year. No reason to waste the wood. Manny, has used the same bat through the whole series. He keeps promising to switch as soon as that one breaks. I don't blame him. Drew is swinging a LS, but not the ones we made for him. He found someones bat and has swung it ever since his first home run in the play offs. We made him some Maple Hickory one's like it, but I don't think he has switched. I forget the other players name.

I think J.D. Drew is swinging Bobby Kieltys bat.

Bobby

OaklandAsFan
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
that very well could be a Kielty bat. I have an identical one I got from Bobby during spring training while he was still with the A's

eGameUsed
10-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Here are some pics of my 2005 Adam Everett Game Used World Series Game 3 bat. Adam hit a split bat single in the 3rd Inning.

And, much to my dismay, these bats never made to the player's hands. Here are three game issued 2005 World Series bats of Roger Clemens, Lance Berkman, and Craig Biggio.

Thanks,

metsbats
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Here are some Mets WS gamers.

2000 Bordick, Hampton, Franco
1986 Dykstra, Strawberry
1973 Duffy Dyer

-David

indyred
11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Some sweet WS bats in here. I see the first 2007 Red Sox World Series bat is on ebay. PMI-Auctions has a Mike Lowell from him.

suave1477
11-06-2007, 10:19 AM
MetsBats I am sure the Mike Hampton bat shows little to no use on it , little mikey was too cold to play lol lol:p

I hated that guy!!!

I have a 2000 Game Used World Series Yankees bat from a releiving pitcher- one of my favorite bats due to the rarity.

metsbats
11-06-2007, 10:23 AM
MetsBats I am sure the Mike Hampton bat shows little to no use on it , little mikey was too cold to play lol lol:p

I hated that guy!!!

I have a 2000 Game Used World Series Yankees bat from a releiving pitcher- one of my favorite bats due to the rarity.

The Hampton bat as well as the Dykstra, Strawberry, and Dyer are unused. The Bordick was used in the series and Franco's was used in BP. Who knows Uncle Kirk may have taken some hacks with it too while visiting the field before the game.

Hampton was good for the Mets that one year and we should be glad he didn't sign a long term deal as his career tanked after 2000!

metsbats
11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
The Hampton bat as well as the Dykstra, Strawberry, and Dyer are unused. The Bordick was used in the series and Franco's was used in BP. Who knows Uncle Kurt may have taken some hacks with it too while visiting the field before the game.

Hampton was good for the Mets that one year and we should be glad he didn't sign a long term deal as his career tanked after 2000!

Kurt that is

eGameUsed
11-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Metbats,

Those are some impressive WS Bats. I wish I had more from the 2005 Astros, but they are so tough to come by. I have only seen a handful out for public sale, including a Eric Brunlett (eBay last May or so, but wasn't used by him), a Morgan Ensberg (from a local collector but wanted $2000 for it), and a Jeff Bagwell (that I am still working on getting). I have also had 2 Chris Burkes and a issued Morgan Ensberg.

Thanks,

suave1477
11-06-2007, 10:56 AM

His Career tanked in the 2000 Post Season, he complained that it was too cold in New York to play that's why he couldnt pitch well.

Well what did ya expect to happen playing on a World Series contending team that goes in to October in New York.

metsbats
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Metbats,

Those are some impressive WS Bats. I wish I had more from the 2005 Astros, but they are so tough to come by. I have only seen a handful out for public sale, including a Eric Brunlett (eBay last May or so, but wasn't used by him), a Morgan Ensberg (from a local collector but wanted $2000 for it), and a Jeff Bagwell (that I am still working on getting). I have also had 2 Chris Burkes and a issued Morgan Ensberg.

Thanks,

Those Clemens and Biggio 2005 WS bats are impressive too!

David

metsbats
11-09-2007, 09:20 PM
His Career tanked in the 2000 Post Season, he complained that it was too cold in New York to play that's why he couldnt pitch well.

Well what did ya expect to happen playing on a World Series contending team that goes in to October in New York.

Hey suave check this out!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0711/mlb.worst.free.agent.contracts/content.9.html

allstarsplus
11-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Larry Walker from 2004 and Albert Pujols from 2006

Andrew
info@AllStarsPlus.com

metsbats
11-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Andrew,

That's an interesting 2006 Pujols. It looks like a regular game model bat with the 2006 WS emblem burned. I don't believe all WS bats were stamped that way and had the typical "2006 World Series" stamped under the players name.

Wonder if this was a special order made for Pujols.

David

allstarsplus
11-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Andrew,

That's an interesting 2006 Pujols. It looks like a regular game model bat with the 2006 WS emblem burned. I don't believe all WS bats were stamped that way and had the typical "2006 World Series" stamped under the players name.

Wonder if this was a special order made for Pujols.

David

David - Definitely a valid point and I don't have the answer. Albert got 25 extra of these bats so it was a special order.

I was told by UDA that the bats were the same he was issued for the 2006 WS. These bats never showed up on the UDA website and were an immediate sellout so I couldn't find an online description.

Hopefully the Louisville rep who posts on the Forum can shed some light on that.

Andrew

allstarsplus
11-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I also got to say it's nice to be able to relax now. Rushing bats for next day delivery has been difficult. Our head turner also took vacation during the NLCS and ALCS. Our other turner is good but took him a few trys to get the weights correct.

BMH - Any idea on what my Pujols 2006 World Series bat is (pictured in the Post below)?

thanks. Andrew

BMH
11-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Hmm, the bat itself looks like the regular ones he orders. I've never seen the BBB (brand between brands) like that. In our Pro department we never made them like that but 25 on them could have been taken over to our Special brands department and engraved. I really need to keep better track of what's happening on my floor;)

I won't be able to get a good answer until later next week. I'm off for the weekend and the plant is shutting down for my Aunt's funeral Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I'll be in Orlando for the equipment manager's meetings. So I won't be able to look up records until then.

cigarman44
11-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I seen those Pujols bats for sale on his Foundation website. I emailed them about the bats. They told me they were neither game used or issued just commemorative bats that were signed and numbered. They went for 900.00 a piece on the website.

allstarsplus
11-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Hmm, the bat itself looks like the regular ones he orders. I've never seen the BBB (brand between brands) like that. In our Pro department we never made them like that but 25 on them could have been taken over to our Special brands department and engraved. I really need to keep better track of what's happening on my floor;)

I won't be able to get a good answer until later next week. I'm off for the weekend and the plant is shutting down for my Aunt's funeral Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I'll be in Orlando for the equipment manager's meetings. So I won't be able to look up records until then.

BMH - Thanks for the info and sorry about your Aunt.

cigarman44 I seen those Pujols bats for sale on his Foundation website. I emailed them about the bats. They told me they were neither game used or issued just commemorative bats that were signed and numbered. They went for 900.00 a piece on the website Cigarman44 -- Did the Pujols bats you saw for $900 have the UDA hologram? thanks. Andrew

cigarman44
11-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Yes they were all UDA. THey told me that there was only 25 made and all were numbered. YOu could only get them on his website or Upper Deck. I thought about getting one but 900 seemed pretty pricey. They are sold out of them now just checked the site. They still have the UDA World Series balls for sale 500 a piece (WOW!) and they were selling signed WS Jerseys as well.

allstarsplus
11-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Yes they were all UDA. THey told me that there was only 25 made and all were numbered. YOu could only get them on his website or Upper Deck. I thought about getting one but 900 seemed pretty pricey. They are sold out of them now just checked the site. They still have the UDA World Series balls for sale 500 a piece (WOW!) and they were selling signed WS Jerseys as well.

I got one of the WS jerseys too. Very nice Authentic with the 6200 wash tag.

If you are interested in either of them, let me know.

Andrew
info@allstarsplus.com

metsbats
11-11-2007, 10:56 PM

BMH, My condolences.

David

metsbats
11-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I think J.D. Drew is swinging Bobby Kieltys bat.

Bobby

Guys,

I found this interesting link:

http://www.daylife.com/topic/J._D._Drew/photos/this_week/2

Check out the two photos of the HB factory with J.D's bats

David

suave1477
11-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey suave check this out!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0711/mlb.worst.free.agent.contracts/content.9.html

I have one word to say "PATHETIC"

What were the Rockies thinking of?????

The guy himself admitted in public he cant play in cold weather did the Rockies think they were any different????

BMH
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
BMH, My condolences.

David

Thanks, it's been tough but we'll manage. She loved baseball and she loved our company. She'd probably be mad that we're shutting down for her funeral!

On the J.D. Drew's...he usually orders FT filler Ash bats. During the series he picked up Kielty's bats and wouldn't stop using them. So we then rushed out Hornsby Maple bats to Drew. Anything to keep them happy.