PDA

View Full Version : If anyone has anything to get photo matched

nolanexpress
10-25-2007, 06:11 PM
If anyone needs anything photo matched but you just cant find it im your guy for only $5.00 i can photo match anything you need photomatch ive sold a bunch of my items i've had in past for more than i paud for them because i had it photo matched for all of you sellers especially this is for you:eek:

Vintagedeputy
10-25-2007, 06:12 PM
how far back can you go?

Jim

33bird
10-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Nolanexpress-email me at biggamebird@yahoo.com
I have work for ya.
Greg

kingjammy24
10-25-2007, 06:22 PM
can you post an example of one of your photomatches?

thanks,

rudy.

kylehess10
10-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Same here......send me an e-mail: kylehess941@hotmail.com

harpt
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
please send me an email too

yanks12025
10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Please email me at boblee89@yahoo.com

Vintagedeputy
10-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, there goes my idea for a side business! :)

nolanexpress
10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
i can go as far back as the interent lets me i'll send everyone examples within the next few hours

RobSteinmetz
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Please post examples here in the forum. If you are unable, perhaps someone you send them to can post them on your behalf.

Thanks,

Rob

allstarsplus
10-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I have MLB Authenticated items which give me the date the item was used, but certainly want to see where it first went into use.

Let me know if you can track an item back a few games.

Thanks. Andrew info@allstarsplus.com

JasonHalliburton
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
I have a bat used in 2006 that I would love to have photo matched....How can I contact you?

Jason

SgtHalliburton@aol.com

DonTheLegend
10-26-2007, 04:52 PM
asking a collector if he would like to photomatch his items is a silly question!!

where do i sign up??

i have several items id be interested in.

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 04:54 PM
my email is shauncobbs@comcast.net;)

jon_8_us
10-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Please substantiate your claim to be able to succeed where many of us have failed.If you can show on this forum that you can do this then you will have many customers.However until you do this your advertisement could be seen as a way to try to swindle a quick buck out of us here....
Jon

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
i dont know which forum member it was but i just did a photo match for him and he was satisfied with it it wasnt the clearest photomatch but he had no complaints, and i dont accept the payment until after i do the photomatch and show them to the customers so there is no way to scam anyone unless some trys to scam me and not pay. my email is shauncobbs@comcast.net:D

WMMRMATT
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
i am interested. Please e-mail me at wmmrmatt@aol.com

kingjammy24
10-26-2007, 06:01 PM
shaun,

a few people have asked for simply one of your photomatches.

can you please post one? maybe the one you recently did for a forum member?

thanks again,

rudy.

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 06:31 PM
here is one example not the best but its the exact bat

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I do not wish to discount anyone's intentions or stand in the way of free enterprise. With that said, does anyone find it odd that just days after I start a thread asking members what they would pay for photo matching services, a newcomer with 5 posts shows up with a photo matching business at $5 a pop?

Jim

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 07:10 PM
with all due respect im not a newcomer i have another forum account that i dont wish to name im using this account for the photomatching and im not stopping you from doing your own photomatching business you just havent started;)

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2007, 08:16 PM
with all due respect im not a newcomer i have another forum account that i dont wish to name im using this account for the photomatching and im not stopping you from doing your own photomatching business you just havent started;)

Well then, havent you just admitted to violating GUU's forum rules? Specifically rule #9?

No Multiple Identities. Registering multiple user names and posting under all of them as different people will not be tolerated. Anyone caught doing this will face being banned.

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 08:19 PM
if you have that much of a problem with me because i posted this thread before you then report me:p

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2007, 08:28 PM
if you have that much of a problem with me because i posted this thread before you then report me:p

I have no problem with anyone posting a thread offering a service to fellow members. If the $5 you make goes in your pocket and not mine, so be it. I have performed quite a few photo matches here for fellow members for free because I just love the hobby. I dont need to profit off of it.

My issues are that:

A) you have violated forum rules
B) you are deceiving the members here by creating another account and not identifying yourself.
C) you have bragged about your circumvention of the rules for your personal profit and gain.

I'm sure that the powers that be will handle this appropriately. No need for me to "run to the teacher" on this one.

So now that you admitted your guilt, who are you mystery man?

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2007, 08:43 PM
wow, I hear crickets now...........

both-teams-played-hard
10-26-2007, 08:49 PM
i can go as far back as the interent lets me i'll send everyone examples within the next few hours
How is your use of the interent, more detailed than any other forum member?
Do you use corbus, gettie or googull?
I absolutely mean to make jokes, but what is your secret?

Folks, it's a full moon...be careful out there.

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 09:16 PM
vintage deputy im someone that you dont need to know;) why are you so interested in who i am any ways my name is on my account i dont even know who you are now do i so whats the difference:cool:

AstrosCollector
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM
ok...no one wants to read this...can you two please take this outside of the forum.

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2007, 09:21 PM
vintage deputy im someone that you dont need to know;) why are you so interested in who i am any ways my name is on my account i dont even know who you are now do i so whats the difference:cool:

actually, I'm not that interested. I guess its just a job hazard to know whom I'm speaking to and that person's real identity. In 12 years on the job, getting a fake name from a perp was one of my biggest pet peeves.

If you wish to post under fake names, well hey, whatever blows your dress up, sister.

As BTPH said, its a full moon out there.

Jim

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 09:21 PM
if anyone has a problem because i wont give everyone my life story let me know beside vintage deputy please let me know im sure that most of you dont care about who i am just as long as you get the photo match you want im doing no harm to anyone im not scamming no one and im not bothering no.

jon_8_us
10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
if anyone has a problem because i wont give everyone my life story let me know beside vintage deputy please let me know im sure that most of you dont care about who i am just as long as you get the photo match you want im doing no harm to anyone im not scamming no one and im not bothering no.

Personally just based on your behavior i would avoid business with you.That is unless you make a name for yourself as an honest guy.Which you have left to question by being so shifty.You sir are not handling yourself in a professional manner.Especially being a new member that no one knows.
Jon

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
i understand everyone's claims but the few people i have done the photo matches for havent complained yet but this vintage deputy person comes out of no where commenting and complaining for no apparent reason except that he was going to start doing the same thing im doing.

bigjimsguitars
10-26-2007, 10:09 PM
i understand everyone's claims but the few people i have done the photo matches for havent complained yet but this vintage deputy person comes out of no where commenting and complaining for no apparent reason except that he was going to start doing the same thing im doing.

For some strange reasons, people like to know who they are going to be doing business with and I see no reason why you don't disclose who you are, unless you have something to hide.

I would also love to hear from the folks here that have used his services and what they think...word of mouth is the best advertisement

E.J. "Jim" Mead

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
i have nothing to hide to show i have nothing to hide heres a little info on me my name is shaun cobbs im from bolingbrook illinois i am 32 years old i have a wife with two children i am a big cubs fan and collect gameused cubs memorabilia;)

bigjimsguitars
10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
i have nothing to hide to show i have nothing to hide heres a little info on me my name is shaun cobbs im from bolingbrook illinois i am 32 years old i have a wife with two children i am a big cubs fan and collect gameused cubs memorabilia;)

Okay, now if the resume could be completed by some who have used his services and the results and we can then have a full picture (pun intended) to run with.

Still curious why you felt the need to have dual ID's though, that's a bit of a hill to climb, especially when you could easily post under that name as a satisfied customer....sorry if I play the devil's advocate, just my nature at times.

bigtruck260
10-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Sometimes there just HAS to be a last word. SOOOOOO:

WORD ;)

Buddy, you should just quit until you can verify your story. I don't think anyone in this forum is going to be baited and rush to send you a check...or fatten your paypal account without proof of your servies.

Consider GUU the Anti- Ebay in that regard.

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 10:43 PM
what do you guys want from me you asked for my info i gave it to you you ask for a example i gave it to you you asked for one of the people i photomatched for to tell how it was and you are about to get it as i explained it in the previous messages i dont intend on people sending me the money until after they have seen the photo matches and they are statisfied with the photo match if not their is no charge:confused: so i dont understand what your problems is if you dont like it go to someone else im not hear to make thousandsof dollars im just trying to see how it works and you are making it very difficult:rolleyes:

Rob L
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey all,

I have sent him a request. He does not expect payment until he has a match. Sounds fair to me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rob L

bigtruck260
10-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Fair enough. Someone has some coconuts....

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Comes out of nowhere? I guess that I now have mystical powers....perhaps I should change my screen name to Harry Potter? :)

Seriously though, I actually was not going to do the same thing that you were doing. I see no profit in studying hours of photos and video tape in the hopes of a $5 reward. I'd rather just look casually as time permits and the mood strikes me, as I have done for other members here recently for free and hope for the best. I just find it odd that when I created a thread asking what the value of such a service was to other members, you came out of the woodwork under the cloak of secrecy and created this service. It begs the question why you feel the need to hide your true identity and previous membership? It also strikes me as odd that someone who purports himself to be 32 years old has the grammatic skills of a 12 year old. The lack of capitalization and run on sentences scream of the adolescent style that is frequently found on the Beckett Boards.

Make your money mystery man.....when you run out of photos to match, it should be time to shovel snow from the neighbor's driveway......$5 is $5 right?

Jim (aka Harry Potter)

nolanexpress
10-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I wont even respond to your childish remarks. Hope you have a nice life:D

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I wont even respond to your childish remarks. Hope you have a nice life:D

You won't respond? Gee, that's odd. Didn't you just send me this pm?

"maybe you should change your name to harry potter so you can get that magic wand out of you a** maybe then you wouldn't act like a 12 yr old prick:cool:"

oh how I wish this were a school night...perhaps you would already be in bed.

You know what I still dont understand and what you havent addressed yet, why have you created another screen name to offer this valuable service of yours to you fellow members, then you outed yourself with your alleged real name? Very odd indeed.

Harry Potter

DonTheLegend
10-27-2007, 10:13 AM
i am going to give it a whirl.

if i lose a few bucks, then so be it, but at least we will know.

if he comes through, then perfect for me.

i'll take one for the team.

treasurechest collectibles
10-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Supposedly you can't lose because you don't have to pay until he finds you the correct phot match and you are satisfied. If anything you can take him for a ride by getting the photo and not paying right? Or am I confused?

nolanexpress
10-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Thank god finally someone smart has figured out there is no way possible for me to scam you, if anything someone can scam me which i hope doesn't happen. Ive been trying to tell everyone this.

Vintagedeputy
10-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Thank god finally someone smart has figured out there is no way possible for me to scam you, if anything someone can scam me which i hope doesn't happen. Ive been trying to tell everyone this.

You are hiding behind a fake screen name and cursing at people and now your worried about being thought of as a scammer?

Vintagedeputy
10-27-2007, 05:11 PM
"Could you please get a life, no one cares about your comments. You think you know so much but you dont, and i didnt curse at people i only cursed at you:D ."

Could YOU please stop sending me these idiotic messages? You are knowingly violating the forum rules and flaunting it, as well as cursing at me. You have surely shown your 12 year old mentality and I no longer care to debate this with you. You are one of the people that tends to ruin this hobby for others because of your nonsense. Grow up junior.

Jim

nolanexpress
10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Does everyone see this he says I act like a 12 yr old but he still post comments that are off the topic, and between us two. As you guys asked us to take this somewhere else i did and sent him private messages but yet he still post comments with messages i sent him. I think im sensing a little jealousy:D get over yourself you lowlife. I will not post any more comments that are directly meant for him and I garuntee you he will still post comments.

b.heagy
10-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Do we get an actual photo of the match or do you send them via email (scans, files ?). I am interested in having some work done. Email me when you have a moment.

b.heagy
10-27-2007, 06:55 PM
here is one example of the work. obviously the use is not there in the provided images so we have to rely on the grain pattern. please post your opinions.

kingjammy24
10-27-2007, 08:28 PM
hi bill,

i don't believe these are photomatches in the least. the thome bat may possibly be the same one as in the photos, but you'd never know it from those "photomatches". it seems shaun's m.o. is to charge $5 in order to circle the center brand, circle the name (as if LVS doesn't put the same center brand and name on all of thome's bats), and then find a fuzzy, single piece of schmutz and call it a day. in your case, he circled a single wood grain. i have a natural finish bat that i'd love to photomatch. i think matching all of the grains would definitely help to establish a photomatch. i've looked through dozens of photos and found many where a single wood grain matched. the problem was, none of the other grains matched. that is, they were all different bats that simply had 1 grain in the same place. that necessarily ruled out a photomatch. wood grains are unique only when you look at most of them, not when you take a single one. my questions:

1) why is shaun circling the centerbrand? what's unique about that one center brand that necessarily differentiates it from the center brand on the other 200 LVS bats thome received that season?

2) what's unique about the signature that shaun circled? LVS burns that same signature into all of thome's bats.

3) shaun circled the taped knob. i'm going to assume thome taped a number of his bat knobs. how is shaun certain that the taped knob on your bat IS the exact same one as seen in the photos? did he match up the exact tape patterns? it's too blurry for me to tell. do the precise angles of each layer of tape match? if thome taped 50 of his bat knobs in similar fashion (the way griffey taped the handles on bats in an almost identical fashion for over a decade), how has shaun shown your bat is the one in the photos and not simply one of thome's other taped bats?

4) the wood grain is useless because he's only circled one. there's no context. i've seen dozens of bats which all had a single wood grain located in the same area. it's only unique when you examine ALL of the wood grains against each other. it's akin to a finger print. chances are we all have at least one similarity between one of our fingerprints. they're only unique when all of them are examined against each other. when you get printed at the station, there's a reason they don't only take your thumb print. a single thumb print means nothing the same way a single wood grain means nothing. i've been trying to match a natural finish bat for awhile now. when i look at the grain patterns, i look at every single one from top to bottom. every single grain has to match. if i can't see it then i can't be sure and therefore it's inconclusive. trust me, i got excited several times when i managed to match 2 or 3 of the grains. unfortunately, my excitement was always short-lived because as i continued to try to match the rest of the grains i'd find others that clearly didn't match. as well, i'm not even sure shaun managed to match that one grain. sure it seems to extend to the same general area but are the lengths of both grains identical? are the heights identical? are the exact shapes of them identical? i've looked at the them and they look similar but i can't be certain that they're identical.

truly, those pics are a long ways away from a photomatch.

rudy.

kingjammy24
10-27-2007, 08:33 PM
the more i look at it, the more it just seems like shaun's circling anything just for the fun of it. there are things he's circled in the action pics that can't even be seen in the pics of your bat. he's circling literally specks of pine tar. he's circled the tpx logo and the cupped end for pete's sake. none of these things are unique. he circled a teeny piece of schmutz on the handle in the action pics on a side of the bat that can't even be seen in the pics of your bat! honestly, i'd like to see shaun match each item that he's circled in the action pics to it's respective correlation on your bat. the action pics just seem to have random things circled for the fun of it and it's unclear as to where or what they correspond to on your bat.

rudy.

cigarman44
10-27-2007, 08:41 PM
I thought his David Wright "photomatch" was laughable as well

nolanexpress
10-27-2007, 09:02 PM
The cirlces on the bat for the name are circled because i measured the length of the name and logo to the end of the bat to make sure that they are the same length as the bat in the photo he is using. The small cirlces are for the ball marks which you obviously cant see unless you zoom in on it with pro software. How else would i point out the match marks on the bat if i dont cirlce it what am i supposed to use smiley faces. All of your comments dont matter just the one's I photo match for, and seeing as no one has complained yet i am statisfied thats all thats matter that the paying customers are satisfied not the lazy commenters who just search the forum to find stuff to comment on;) .

cigarman44
10-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Lazy??

I spent the time to photo match my own stuff because people like you obviously dont know what you are doing and are just a waste of peoples money. Get a real job kid

nolanexpress
10-27-2007, 09:20 PM
[content removed]

Game Used Bats
10-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi,

I would appreciate you services on a number of bats. Please contact me at RichardsonA742@aol.com. Thanks!

Anthony

Vintagedeputy
10-27-2007, 09:50 PM
if you could read which im guessing you cant i stated in a previous message im not hear to make hundreds of dollars just to see how this photomatching service works on this forum. A few of the people on this forum emailed me and told me that you old washed up know it all's were like this thinking you know everything which all of you dont you senile bastards:eek: so screw all of you i have enough photo matches to last me a few weeks so im done with all of this.Up yours if you have a problem with it so be i dont care and all of you who dont thanks for the support I no longer do photo matches for this forum but for other forums. thanks you for reading this message and i hope you burn in hell:D not intended for everyone. Im gone from this name but not my other one talk to you guys soon.

Well now, I see you've moved on to cursing out the entire membership and not just me. Great way to run a business sparky. You have already deceived everyone by posting under an assumed screen name, now you are blasting the membership who question your horribly weak attempts at photo matching....isn't your paper route or lemonade stand calling?

I hope that the administrators take action here.

05whitesox
10-27-2007, 09:58 PM
could you photo match my crede bat for me i won on this forums auction I'll send you the pictures.

kylehess10
10-27-2007, 10:19 PM
I no longer do photo matches for this forum but for other forums.

.....and what other game used forums are out there??

Vintagedeputy
10-27-2007, 10:25 PM
.....and what other game used forums are out there??

Kyle,

Dont even bait him. You'll only regret it. Obviously his superior intellect and astute business sense is way too advanced for us "senile bastards".

Jim

JasonHalliburton
10-27-2007, 11:14 PM
could you photo match my crede bat for me i won on this forums auction I'll send you the pictures.

According to the "public profile" section, 05whitesox and nolanexpress have the exact same date of birth. Are they one in the same I wonder?
If so, I wonder why 05whitesox is asking himself to photo match a bat?

:D

indyred
10-27-2007, 11:23 PM
According to the "public profile" section, 05whitesox and nolanexpress have the exact same date of birth. Are they one in the same I wonder?

I was thinking the same thing. If you look in the big photo-matches thread. You will see one that 05whitesox recently posted in there with a Thome bat. He just circled the labels and stuff in that one. It's not even close to a photo-match. Then he posts this other Thome in here just circling the same stuff.

bigjimsguitars
10-27-2007, 11:30 PM

FWIW, that's the default b'day if you don't enter one...you have the same b'date!

Nevertheless, Shaun (nolanexpress), if that is his real name is clearly an immature person who even if can deliver the goods (and I'm not saying he can), I wouldn't give him even a measly $5.00. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't.

I'm rather surprised that a moderator hasn't done something yet. I would hazard a guess that they may nix the account he is posting under here, but can they id his other user ID...I would like to think they can!!!

Unlike authenticating something, Photo-matching without a clue as where to start, e.g., no date of reference is damn near impossible and would take countless hours to do.

Kingjammy24 (Rudy) was very acute in his estimation of what Shaun has put forth so far.

bigjimsguitars
10-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing. If you look in the big photo-matches thread. You will see one that 05whitesox recently posted in there with a Thome bat. He just circled the labels and stuff in that one. It's not even close to a photo-match. Then he posts this other Thome in here just circling the same stuff.

Now that puts a different spin on it and tends to make me think the 05whitesox and nolanexpress could be one in the same.

Will need to look at both of their posts to see if there is a grammar-match!

bigjimsguitars
10-27-2007, 11:45 PM
It's scary amazing that both nolanexpress and 05whitesox seem to use the same emoticons in most of their posts and frankly, I don't anybody else use them....I think we have a winner!!!

both-teams-played-hard
10-27-2007, 11:50 PM
If you could read (which im guessing you can't), I stated in a previous message: I'm not hear to make hundreds of dollars. I just want to see how this photomatching service works on this forum. A few of the people on this forum emailed me and told me that you old, washed-up, know-it-alls were like this. You think you know everything-which all of you don't! You senile bastards, eek! So screw all of you! I have enough photo matches to last me a few weeks. I'm done with all of this. Up yours! If you have a problem with it...so be it. I don't care, and all of you who don't...thanks for the support! I no longer do photo matches for this forum, only for other forums. Thank-you for reading this message and I hope you burn in hell (not intended for everyone). I'm gone from this name. I'll talk to you guys soon, with my other name.

Nolanwhitesox,
I think you had good intentions, but went about it the wrong way.

kylehess10
10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
The name of 05whitesox is Kenny but the e-mail and what he had mentioned was Shaun. But you guys were right about the odd similiarities between them both. Take a look at this post 05whitesox made in the "Photomatch Thread" where he made a post for his Thome bat and he circled the logos and name thinking it was a photomatch, just like how nolanexpress is doing

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=53904&postcount=149

Vintagedeputy
10-28-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/kennysmemorabilia/fw-profile-image.jpg
Kenny / Shaun

You've been outed!

Check out this 05whitesox's thread - very similar to his $5 photmatching business!

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=11651

05whitesox
10-28-2007, 12:06 AM
whoa what are you guys talking about their is no reason i would need a second account, if i were going to do a photo matching service i would use my on account why would i make another one.have you guys ever stopped to think that who ever post this is saw my post and got an idea like i did when i saw your website kyle when you circled those photomatches and beside i would'nt have time to do this photo matching stuff anyways because of the software me and my friend are working on kyle you should know.

05whitesox
10-28-2007, 12:08 AM
software is a different thing then sending pictures through email can you not read before christmas meaning not now.

05whitesox
10-28-2007, 12:09 AM
who ever is reading this go to the post under my two comments nothing similar at all

Vintagedeputy
10-28-2007, 12:14 AM
whoa what are you guys talking about their is no reason i would need a second account, if i were going to do a photo matching service i would use my on account why would i make another one.have you guys ever stopped to think that who ever post this is saw my post and got an idea like i did when i saw your website kyle when you circled those photomatches and beside i would'nt have time to do this photo matching stuff anyways because of the software me and my friend are working on kyle you should know.

Even the poor grammar is the same......say goodbye!

05whitesox
10-28-2007, 12:21 AM
poor grammer im only in the 9th grade what do you expect im not in school i dont have to proof read my sentences

05whitesox
10-28-2007, 12:30 AM
If it was me I wouldnt deny it nothing illegal has been done.You are acting like the guy ripped someone off, If any thing I would be proud to be him making five bucks a picture.

ChrisCavalier
10-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am locking this thread for three reasons:

1) Permission to offer this proposed fee-based service to GUU members was not cleared first by Game Used Universe. We work very hard on this site to make sure our members are protected from misleading claims about items and services in the hobby and we will not expose our members to any service that have not been cleared by GUU first, regardless of the fees involved.

2) We have verified the poster of this "offer" has posted under duplicate identites which is a violation of the forum rules.

3) There are also personally directed posts on this thread (especially the one that criticized forum members) that are not congruent with the objectives and rules of the forum.

Please feel free to email me directly if you have any other questions as this thread will now be locked.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier