PDA

View Full Version : Royals Gamers

escaperoyals
10-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi--sorry I posted this on the wrong thread before....
I was wondering if there are any other Kansas City Royals Gameworn Uniform collectors out there? I have over 50 now in my collection---I know WHY?
I am looking for and Royals Jerseys especially Road Flannels (1969, 70, 71). I also collect Chiefs and KC Kings Game worn uniforms as well.

Thanks
Dan

byergo
10-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Old Royals gamers aren't available for sale very often. How'd you get so many?

escaperoyals
10-24-2007, 10:27 PM
I got 4 home flannels back 25 years ago or so from Hartel Sports at a Sports Collectors Show in Overland Park, KS for $25/ a piece---I guess now I should have stocked up on more including the road jerseys! And I have been collecting Royals Jerseys since. I have aquired 8 different Royals/Monarchs Negro League Salute Jerseys over the past few years. I have also got some from the Royals Auctions. I have at least 1 of every style EXCEPT a road flannel.

Dan

Dominic3464
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi EscapeRoyals, would u mind dropping me a line at uneek@usermail.com, I've got a question for ya about Royals jerseys from the '80's...thanks....Dominic

kcroyals69
11-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello,

I collect Royals game jerseys as well. Dan, our stories are very similar. I made a trade with Hartel approximately during the same time period as you at a show in the KC area for an '84 Gura and two Royals flannels. I have been hooked since then. I can't remember how many jerseys I have but it's just over 100 and almost half of those are Royals flannels.

The market has dried up on old Royals jerseys or I'm just not looking in the right places. I need to put some pictures on a website for others to share their comments.

I sure would like to see some of your collection if you have any pictures. I have been working on finding pictures that match the alleged players with the jerseys. This can be quite a challenge for some of the jerseys.

Good luck collecting. You can reach me at kptran66@aol.com, I have to warn you though I don't check my emails that often so don't be upset if it takes me a week or two to respond.

Take care, Kevin

thomecollector
11-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Any chance that you have any Royals ticket stubs ?? Lmk. Thanks,Roger

dtsa
11-07-2009, 02:01 PM
looking to become a royals collector. I really want to get the throwback monarchs jerseys and have been eyeing a few. How about some pix of the monarchs jerseys?
Does anyone have any 2009 powder blue game used? i would really like a pix of the inside of the jersey where the 40th anniversary patch is. what color thread did they use?

TFig27
11-08-2009, 09:05 AM
If anyone has access to Royals gamers from this season, feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Tom

TFig27@aol.com

thomecollector
11-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I believe I saw some on the Ball Park Heroes site yesterday. Hope this helps.

rays54
11-08-2009, 10:44 AM
dtsa. I have 2 Monarch Jerseys (gathright and Bale) if interested.

dtsa
11-08-2009, 12:41 PM
dtsa. I have 2 Monarch Jerseys (gathright and Bale) if interested.

sure. What are asking for them?Send me pix at nnelson@sunflower.com
thanks.

bigtime59
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
If anyone has one, I'd be interested in a black "Kansas City" front alternate jersey.
Thanks,

Frink
11-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Any chance anyone has a Bob Hamelin? Sorry to be fishing, but I'm just curious. :)

RJB44
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
There was just a 1988 road jersey on ebay, for a coach, Ron Hodges? Although the jersey appeared to be a 1998, with correct tagging, it had a nameplate on the back, with odd font. If I recall, KC didn't have name plates on there jerseys in '88. The seller stated the jersey was originally made for coach Jimmie Schaffer, who retired, so they added nameplate for coach Ron Hodges. I did not see him listed as a coach for Royals in there all-time coache's database. It just sold for $104 this evening.