PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone, or do others feel like a little kid when waiting for...

bigjimsguitars
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
...that delivery of the next GU item for the collection!

Heck, I'm a 50 year old and I still have a lot of little boy in me (and I hope I never lose that) and it's especially true when I am anticipating a delivery of that GU Bat/Jersey or what have you.

Am I alone or is that the part of the thrill of all of this?

I love when I go to a game and check to see if anything new is available or with the case with the Dodgers an Auction....but it's not the same as there is the instant gratification thing going on.

It's different when you buy something sight unseen (other than pictures) and then have to wait until it lands in your hands and you can let your sight, smell and feel take hold of it.

Nothing greater than when it meets or exceeds your expectations!

Again, am I alone or are there a bunch of grown-up kids out there like me?

Swoboda4
10-23-2007, 05:52 PM
One of the great sounds in the collecting world. That of a delivery truck approaching your house. Kind of like Santa landing on your roof.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/1693290.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F10606165F3BADF134B5 E30A760B0D811297

bigjimsguitars
10-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Some of the best Christmas Presents are the ones you get for yourself...

Right now I'm waiting for a pair of Rafael Furcal Bats ( a righty and a lefty) and a pair of Batting Gloves...but unfortunately, the sled from the North Pole didn't make it's way to me today....

3arod13
10-23-2007, 06:42 PM
...that delivery of the next GU item for the collection!

Heck, I'm a 50 year old and I still have a lot of little boy in me (and I hope I never lose that) and it's especially true when I am anticipating a delivery of that GU Bat/Jersey or what have you.

Am I alone or is that the part of the thrill of all of this?

No! I'm 47 and the thrill and excitement only gets stronger. Heck, I have a hard time being at work when I know something is coming UPS or FEDEX. They deliver early in the afternoon and I find myself wanting to (and sometimes do) slip out of work to be home when it gets there.

Once received, I open the package, place the item in my sports room, and spend most of the afternoon googling over it.

There's no better feeling or excitement than this!

Good thread!

Regards, Tony

JasonHalliburton
10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I am totally with you guys on this one!

I love receiving my game used items, and really look forward to it.

I work midnight shift and get off at 0645 am. The day I am to receive a package, it is difficult for me to go to sleep that morning. I tell myself that I am going to wait up on it, usually I fall asleep waiting...If I do stay up, I always feel bad at work that night...It is well worth it though!

bigjimsguitars
10-23-2007, 07:03 PM
It almost becomes an addiction as the endorphins kick in and then you want to repeat it and the only way to is to buy something else. Heck, if the Home Shopping Network starting selling GU we would all be in trouble, lol....

PudgePollyMillerFan
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Nope...not alone.....I only have a one hour lunch break....I know the mail lady comes at 10am ......I leave work and drive home which takes me 25 minutes.....and my baby is waiting for me on the porch....I get 10 minutes to look at it..hold it..caress it...lol....then 25 minutes back to work.....no meal for me....just my new items which will hold me over til dinner!!!!

PudgePollyMillerFan
10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Now that I think about it.....crack would be less expensive and less addicting!!!

karamaxjoe
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Don't you hate it when a holiday falls inside a week when you are waiting for the mailman to bring something new?

geoff
10-24-2007, 02:44 AM
When ever I order an Item I can't wait to get it.I even check the Postal Service or UPS site to see if my item has shipped and when it will get on the Porch.
Then I just look at the item for a while.

bigjimsguitars
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Well Brown (UPS) is scheduled to deliver my next batch of GU Goodies tomorrow....now if Colorado would get their collective act together....

bigtruck260
10-24-2007, 11:33 PM
I live at the bottom of a big hill...and I can usually see a tube lying on my doorstep. Always a good feeling.

bigjimsguitars
10-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Well UPS made it's way to me and I stopped what I was doing to get to my new finds and they were as good as I expected. The black SST Bat shows nice GU and even has some I'm mad marks on it from being slammed into something. The natural (Easton) doesn't show as much GU as to be expected as that would be his righty bat, but exhibits his taping job on the handle and some deep imact ball marks...The Batting Gloves were also worth the wait.

Heck, I love that I still get anxious waiting and I have a couple more things coming.....

nomarmauerfan
10-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Have a Jose Reyes bat coming tomorrow or Saturday...can't wait!!!

Mike

bigjimsguitars
10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Have a Jose Reyes bat coming tomorrow or Saturday...can't wait!!!

Mike

And the debate goes on over who is the better SS, Reyes or Furcal....No Comment from me other than Reyes is a great SS!

JasonHalliburton
10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Fed Ex brought my 3 new Nationals bats.

Zimmerman, Pena, Chico....

My adrenalin rush is over, and I am BROKE!:(

Until the next bat arrives,(#25 in my collection)

I will look at the delivery trucks and drool, and wish!!:D

B1SON
10-26-2007, 02:57 PM
It almost becomes an addiction as the endorphins kick in and then you want to repeat it and the only way to is to buy something else. Heck, if the Home Shopping Network starting selling GU we would all be in trouble, lol....

I often times by cheap cards on ebay of my favorite players, just to get the thrill of them coming in the mail!