PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have connections to the AZ Diamonbacks??

whatupyos
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I just received my Eric Byrnes SAM bat purchased through MLB.com. I'm a little frustrated. Its an Eric Byrnes bat/model, has his name, model number he uses on the bat. Also his uniform number is on the nob. On MLB.com, the descriptions is of an authentic Eric Byrnes game used bat. It says bid on this Eric Byrnes game used bat used in a game at Chase field. However, on the LOA from the team that was sent with the bat, the letter says Authentic Eric Byrnes game used bat in bold. Then in the description it says it was used by Chris Young in a game at Chase Field. I don't know if its a typo or what? Would anyone know who to contact from the AZ Diamondbacks and or their Diamondback foundation?? I probably wouldn't have bid if I'd had known this? I guess it could have been used by both players. But on the MLB.com description it says Eric used the bat, and on the typed LOA it says different. It almost seems like false advertising. I'd just like to know who I could contact to straighten this matter out. It could just be a typo, I have no idea but when it says on MLB one thing, I expect thats what it is I'm going to get. Thanks.

Aaron

SunDevil2126628@aol.com

godwulf
10-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I'd be willing to bet that that's a typo. For one thing, Young uses a slightly shorter and lighter model, and I don't know why he'd be using one of Byrnes' bats anyway. Even if he had, there'd be no record of it unless the number on the knob had been overwritten.

I would email whoever in the DBacks organization signed the LOA - attach a scan of the letter, if possible - and verify that it is just a typo, and ask about the possibility of getting a corrected replacement. Those guys are usually pretty responsive...but keep in mind, they're working an off-season schedule at this point, and it may be a while before they get back to you.

I certainly wouldn't be anxious or regretful about your purchase, in any case.

bigjimsguitars
10-22-2007, 11:56 PM
How much did you pay for it? Not that it's any of my business...

Chris Young is a star in the making and you still may have gotten a good deal and maybe someone here would be interested in it.

Players often use other players bats, it happens all the time....

whatupyos
10-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the responces so far. The thing is, no one signed the LOA...its on their letterhead, but no names from anyone in the organization, so I'll have to do some digging to find someone to write to personally, unless any of you have a suggestion of who to contact. I would think ( or hoping anyway) that its just a typo. I know Chris Young uses SAM bats as well, but his logo is silver, and Byrnes' is gold. Plus, like was mentioned, if he uses a different length and or weight, thats wouldn't make sense. It has Byrnesie's 22 written on the nob like I said, nothing is crossed out or written over.

It might not seem like a big deal but it is to me. I bid because it said on the description on MLB.com that it was used by Eric...I would not have put a bid in had I known another player or thought another player used it. Its deceiving if it was used by Chris and not stated so on MLB's auction. I'm not accusing and don't mean to that any one was being deceiving on purpose, but it makes one wonder having two different descriptions. I understand it could be a mistake, hopefully thats all it is...I'll try and contact someone. Any more feedback is appreciated. Thanks again.

Aaron

whatupyos
10-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Just wanted to again thank the people who responded to my post. I just wanted to type a follow up. I received a phone call from a Diamondbacks representative today. On Tuesday of last week, I typed up a letter and printed out the discrepant descriptions and highlighted on the auction page and my LOA where the item was wrong and or possibly miss typed. The representative told me that it was simply a typing error and they are issuing me a corrected LOA. I want to thank the Diamondbacks for such a quick responce. They should be recognized for having excellent public relations/customer service, especially in the off-season. I'm happy to know that it was just simply a typo.

Aaron