PDA

View Full Version : Player Characteristics Section ????

JETEFAN
10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
What do you think of adding some type of player bat use characteristics section to the forum? I think it would help in determining whether the player actually used the bat or used by another player. Heavy pine tar, taped handle, should there be numbers on knob, cleat marks, does the player hit label down (Nomar) etc...., things like this that would help collectors with player traits. Any thoughts ? Maybe it can be in the same format as the Shipping records question section.

Thanks
George

Yankwood
10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, I'll go first. Personally, I like a nice thick, sticky handle with a small knob. And you, George?

geoff
10-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I like a bat puonded with use and plenty of Pintar and Ball Marks.And The Players number has to be on the bat.

JETEFAN
10-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I think we are missing the point.... I don't mean personal preference, I am talking about a reference guide as to what use traits should be on specific players game used bats. Terry we'll have to address your's on a different forum !!

Yankwood
10-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Along those same lines, when did Derek Jeter begin using the Mota stick?

Stefano61
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
What do you think of adding some type of player bat use characteristics section to the forum? I think it would help in determining whether the player actually used the bat or used by another player. Heavy pine tar, taped handle, should there be numbers on knob, cleat marks, does the player hit label down (Nomar) etc...., things like this that would help collectors with player traits. Any thoughts ? Maybe it can be in the same format as the Shipping records question section.

Thanks
George

I totally agree with you and it's a long time I'm thinking of this...but it shouldn't be posted on the forum but in the library section, with a list of players in alphabetical order (every member should be authorized to add players names and all the needed info)...the idea is to add under the player's name all the characteristics of the game used bat (or supposed...) you own: company, model, labeling, knob, taping, game usage, where the ball marks are, etc...I think that will made a great data base, very helpful for everyone. Also for every single bat there should be a blank field where other members could leave their impression and share they thought on the bat.

Other opinions ?

Thanks
Stefano