PDA

View Full Version : COA sticker/hologram on items

Swoboda4
02-02-2006, 11:04 AM
I know we touched on this before but what is the feeling of members when a G/U item has COA stickers/holgrams placed too prominately on an item. It shouldn't compete with the item for attention but should be placed elsewhere.http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/1f/2c/c1_12.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8760393795&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting)

BULBUS
02-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I know those holograms have been good for the hobby (for the most part), but I hate when they are visable when the item is displayed. They are ugly! Steiner recently redesigned their holo. They should have made it smaller too. They always want to put them near the signature. I recently had 2 game used jerseys signed at their Last Licks signings (Rivera and Strahan). Both on the back on the number. They wanted to put the holo on the number near the auto. I made them put it on the tags on the front.

I cant stand them on game used bats. PSA DNA recently started putting their stickers on game used bats they authenticate. I dont why. Their letters have pictures of the bat and the DNA is on the bat. ESM puts them on the knob covering factory stampings???? I dont want anything covered on my bat! The letter of authenticity should have a clear picture of the bat and that should be good enough.

Yankwood
02-02-2006, 01:42 PM
If they must come with them, the best spot would probably be on the top side of the end of the barrel. For obvious reasons I don't want them on the knob and they do look stupid on the barrel by the player's name.

Swoboda4
02-02-2006, 02:30 PM
bulbus,
I like your idea of stickers/holograms on jerseys near the label/tags. Put everything near one place. I'm thinking somewhere on the back of the barrel for bats.Inside of helmets,etc. I mean we consider some of these items museum pieces. Would you want to see a room full reflecting holograms at Cooperstown with stickers displaying something like Baseball HOF#4453296374)? I don't think so.

icollectDCsports
02-02-2006, 02:47 PM
I agree that hologram stickers on the front of the barrels of bats detracts significantly from the bats. In fact, I have removed the holograms from the bats I've gotten with the MLB authentication holograms. I think the holograms so prominently placed on bats probably appeal more to the casual fan and not serious game used collectors. Casual fans may feel it's cool to have the indication of authentic game use so prominently displayed.

If a bat is to have a hologram, I recommend that it be placed on the back of the barrel. Not the front. And not on the knob or tip of the bat, as these areas frequently have uniform numbers and other stuff stamped or written that should not be covered.