PDA

View Full Version : AROD HR Bat Values

HomeRunBats1
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Hello, Great forum !

First post !

Hoping someone might have values of ARod Game Used Bats – used to hit an Actual home run (signed or unsigned by Arod).

Doesn’t matter the year, I am just trying to see if anyone has the low and high value of these bats in recent auctions or on ebay.

Thank you !

2 game used spalding Ty Cobb bats ! - What’s the chance of that ? !
American Memorabilia ( AMI ) also has a Cobb bat.

sportscentury
10-17-2007, 07:33 PM

Steve,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit confused by part of your first post. Could you explain the part in italics above? Thank you,

Reid

indyred
10-17-2007, 07:40 PM
AMI has one that ends tomorrow. His 18th home run bat. Last I checked it was over 3k. I think arod13 on here has a rawlings Arod home run bat that is the earliest one i've seen. Have no idea what kinda money he spent on it. I would just be real careful of any Arod stuff. I would want some kind of photo reference on any home run bat of his. The best Arod bat I've seen was someone on here posted a great photo-match of WBC one they had.

HomeRunBats1
10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRunBats1 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=56724#post56724)

Steve,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit confused by part of your first post. Could you explain the part in italics above? Thank you,

Reid

I just thought it is amazing (cool, wow, pretty neat) – the fact that Game Used Universe and American Memorabilia Both have a Spalding Cobb game used bat for sale in the Same Time Period – I thought forum members might also think it is cool. Hope that clears up your confusion. :D

I have reposted (for the second time – still learning the rules ! :confused: ) the Cobb bat information in the appropriate place - Auction Item Discussion.

joelsabi
10-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Arod HR bats go for a premium and are usually sold at 7-15K. Seems that Yankee bats altho the most recent go for the most. The kind gentleman running MVP Mario Monteleone would be the source for most of his HR bats. Then his oldest bats from his Seattle days go for the second most then his bat from Texas.

joelsabi
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
also I think the price range are for his most desirable bats like older bats and milestone bats. also yankee bats have a premium. I bet you can get a non milestone bat for 2-3K.

HomeRunBats1
10-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Indyred –

thank you for the information about American Memorabilia having in their current auction an Arod Bat – now that is timely information ! – this forum is great ! Why would you need photo reference ? :confused:

Is there something I should be aware of about Arod HR bats in general or this bat specifically ? I like this bat because it comes with a Cert. from Arod and I have a Griffey Jr. HR bat from 1997 – both from Seattle days.

Joelsabi –

thanks for the price reference. Do you have any values on specific Arod HR bats which have sold – I’m sure other forum members would also love this information. Also, do you think a bat from Arod’s last season in Seattle would qualify as a milestone ? American Memorabilia has one for sale tomorrow for only 3K – would that still be a bargain at 4k ? Thank you in advance for any information.

Additionally, if anyone is following the Ty Cobb bat information I provided in my first post (see post #1) – sorry, was not able to repost the information in the Auction Item Discussion forum – double posting rule – my fault being a newbie. :eek:

So to clarify, American Memorabilia also has a Cobb game used bat in auction; what I was kind of trying to say was (and possibly get a discussion going):

As rare as these bats are, what do you think is the chance of both Game Used Universe and also American Memorabilia both having similar bats in auction at the same time ! ? !

1 in a million ?

From the auction listings, I guess there are only 3 or 4 known to exist - crazy !

Anyone else ever see two (similar) extremely rare bats for sale at the same time ? – I guess I am just curious.

joelsabi
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Indyred –

Joelsabi –

thanks for the price reference. Do you have any values on specific Arod HR bats which have sold – I’m sure other forum members would also love this information. Also, do you think a bat from Arod’s last season in Seattle would qualify as a milestone ? American Memorabilia has one for sale tomorrow for only 3K – would that still be a bargain at 4k ? Thank you in advance for any information.

imho, i wouldnt consider the bat on auction as a milestone bat. some of the bats that the guy at MVP. I remember the bat that tied Dale Murphy on the All Time HR list. that one would have been kewl since arod idolized Murphy when he was a kid. I like stories that go with an item. unfortunantly it was $9K and didnt have solvent cash at the time. he also had the bat where arod hit the longest hr at yankee stadium. i doubt there was anything written special about that hr in the papers for the current auction items. thats just my preference. i consider http://www.mvpmarketingmanagement.com/ the best place to get a bat at this time.

3arod13
10-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Arod HR bats go for a premium and are usually sold at 7-15K. Seems that Yankee bats altho the most recent go for the most. The kind gentleman running MVP Mario Monteleone would be the source for most of his HR bats. Then his oldest bats from his Seattle days go for the second most then his bat from Texas.

What do you think this one would be worth? 15th HR 1996 (20th of his career)

3arod13
10-18-2007, 06:39 AM
Also, only 12 bats were ordered by Arod in 1996 (have a letter of Rawlings). With that said, I would think this Rawlings bat would be rare in that it's a HR bat and there were only 12.

cjclong
10-18-2007, 08:49 AM
I got one of his home run bats when he was with the Rangers (I actually was at the game when he hit it) from Rick Radtke who had a bat site at that time. As I recall the price was around $3,000. Mario Monteleone at MVP marketing had some home run bats that came from ARod this year for between $6,000 and $7,500. I believe he has one at least one left which ARod hit against the Red Sox off Tim Wakefield.

HomeRunBats1
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Joelsabi – again, thank you for the info on prices and the link. It doesn’t seem that MVP Marketing currently has an ARod HR game used bat for sale. I guess I am still wondering why you said you would need photo reference when buying an Arod bat ? In particular the American Memorabilia HR bat currently in auction; I was trying to see if you thought I should be aware of something about Arod HR bats in general or this bat specifically ?

3arod13 – WOW ! Great bat – totally what I am looking for. I like the follow up info you receive from Rawlings. Has to add to the value.

Cjclong – Thanks for the price info.

I’m hoping others will add to this list. Please, if and when you add your bat info, it would be great if you added the price you paid. Or at least a price range.

Thanks to all that have answered so far.

Happy Hunting !

AROD313
10-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Here are a couple Arod HR bats I have picked up over the years. The first is Career HR #303 hit in 2003 off Jamie Moyer of the Mariners. I was lucky enough to also get the Game used line up card from the same game and its also signed by Arod. The second one is HR #449 hit off of Freddy Garcia of the White Sox in 2006. You can't touch a Alex Rodriguez Yankee HR bat for under $5000 these days and thats a little on the low side.

I'm looking to move the HR #449 bat if anyone is interested email and I can give you more details. It came directly from MVP and has a Alex Rodriguez signed LOA. It also comes with a signed 20x30 photo of him hitting the HR and is inscribed with the HR # and date. jowieser@yahoo.com