PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get...?

godwulf
10-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I see a lot of collectors keeping their game-used jerseys and similar items hung inside those clear plastic garment bags, like suits come back from the drycleaner's in. Only...where can you buy those bags in quantity? Or, for that matter, at all? Can you buy, like, a hundred of them at a time, from some drycleaner supply outlet? I've got a closet full of jerseys that I really need to start preserving better.

kylehess10
10-16-2007, 11:51 PM
I got mine straight from the dry-cleaners, and I got 1-2 at a time. I never asked for more, but try asking an employee there if you could buy in a large quantity or if they could give you info on where to buy large amounts.

godwulf
10-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Okay, thanks. Now, I've got another one.

After seeing some photos posted by other members here, of their bats being displayed using the "woodpeggers" or "sportspeggers", I went to one of my local Home Depots, and found that they only had one in stock, with no plan to buy any more. Another Home Depot in the area had zero.

I found a site for an outfit called "Wood Solutions", which apparently distributed them (note past tense), but their Customer Service numbers are non-working, and I suspect that they're out of business.

The one I bought works great, and I really like it...but I need at least ten or twelve more of them, the 45" ones that hold 11 bats. Has anyone found a site online to get these things?

grandpahoo
10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Okay, thanks. Now, I've got another one.

After seeing some photos posted by other members here, of their bats being displayed using the "woodpeggers" or "sportspeggers", I went to one of my local Home Depots, and found that they only had one in stock, with no plan to buy any more. Another Home Depot in the area had zero.

I found a site for an outfit called "Wood Solutions", which apparently distributed them (note past tense), but their Customer Service numbers are non-working, and I suspect that they're out of business.

The one I bought works great, and I really like it...but I need at least ten or twelve more of them, the 45" ones that hold 11 bats. Has anyone found a site online to get these things?

It would be cool to have a thread pinned/saved for these types of questions. For example, I've spent hours trying to find the right kind of jersey / torso forms on-line, but haven't had much success finding what I'm looking for.

AstrosCollector
10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
http://woodlogic.com/

Let me know if you purchase through them, I was thinking about picking up a couple for myself.

Andy

hiramman
10-17-2007, 02:50 PM
I got my clear bags from a local dry cleaners also. It took 4 or 5 cleaners before I could find someone able to speak English enough to understand what I wanted and got physically run out of one cleaners by some old Chineseman that kept yelling "no sale, no sale", but I finally found one owned by a local family. The lady told me her brother-in-law collected jerseys and used them. She sat there and rolled off 50 for me and then helped me roll them back up in rolls of 10 each. (They're alot harder to roll back up than they are coming off the big roll. I paid 10 cents each and was happy with my $5 purchase.

godwulf
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
http://woodlogic.com/

Let me know if you purchase through them, I was thinking about picking up a couple for myself.

Andy

Actually, when I wrote "Wood Solutions", I meant Wood Logic; that's the place where they don't answer email inquiries and their customer service numbers are either disconnected or belong to somebody else.