PDA

View Full Version : Help On Reggie White Gamer

Peterson28
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
A customer of mine offered me this Reggie White Game Jersey. It appears to be a 1993 Jersey(Reggie's first year with the Packers). I think this because of the printed name, and numbers. (Packers switched to sewn on in 1994). The jersey is proper cut, and actually has a laundry tag with his name attached to it. However I have found 2 flaws with it. First, there is no Packers 75 year patch that they wore in 1993, second the font of the #2 is wrong.
The only thing that makes me believe that this is a legit jersey is that it originated from Ron Wolf, who was the Packers GM at that time. What I am now thinking, is that this was a practice worn jersey, rather than a Game Worn jersey. This would explain the jersey having no 75 year patch. Does anyone know if the Packers may have used a different font on there practice jerseys, then their Game Jerseys? I cannot find any 1993 practice photos of Reggie to compare this to.This would explain this jersey for me. If anyone can help by looking at these pictures please let me know

gwh11
10-15-2007, 09:42 PM
You're correct in acknowledging that this isn't a genuine game used jersey, but it isn't a practice jersey either. In '93 the team was still using old, recycled jerseys for practice (I recall a photo from the '94 Packers yearbook, I think, wear Reggie is practicing in an old #92 Packers jersey with the "G" on the sleeves). In '94 they began wearing jerseys specifically designed for practice. They were also made by Starter, so they had the same font, but were devoid of neck or sleeve striping.
Guy

Peterson28
10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your help. Is it possible for this to have been a 1994 practice jersey? With the laundry tag, and the fact it came from Ron Wolf leads me to believe there has to be something legitimate about this jersey. I am just trying to place what it is. The person selling it isn't a game jersey collector, and really has no reason to try to make up anything on it, plus the price is right which would lead me to believe they are honest, because anyone with knowledge of the hobby would be trying to milk it for a fortune!