PDA

View Full Version : Arod Glove on Ebay

joelsabi
10-15-2007, 09:10 PM
would anyone touch this? dude has (0) feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/03-04-ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-GAME-USED-GOLD-GLOVE-SIGNED_W0QQitemZ120171727867QQihZ002QQcategoryZ501 17QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bigtruck260
10-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Not with the way A-Rod writes GAME USED on everything. SOrry, but for a guy who is at the hot corner, that glove does not look broken it at all...
show me the pocket. "I love NY" he has some goofy inscriptions too.

NOPE.

cjclong
10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Did ARod use the same model glove at 3rd base when he first started with the Yankees that he did when he was playing shortstop? And would this be the same model glove. I may be wrong, but the Rawlings patch looks odd.

3arod13
10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Here are two pics from 2003. You can see the Gold Rawlings Tag. He maybe used them quickly, in order to call them game used and then to sell. Don't believe he used them long.

3arod13
10-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Here's two from 2004

cjclong
10-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Has this glove been auctioned before? I thought I remembered seeing a glove with the "I love NY' inscription sometime ago.

kylehess10
10-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Has this glove been auctioned before? I thought I remembered seeing a glove with the "I love NY' inscription sometime ago.

I remember seeing it on eBay too

3arod13
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Yes, I'm more than positive it was this one 02/03

3arod13
10-16-2007, 03:04 PM
My only concern with the glove is, I believe it was made for the purpose of selling, hence 02/03, vice an actual arod game used glove that he like using. With them being numbered 01/02/03, I wouldn't consider them true gamers.

Just my thoughts.

Carlevv
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
The 02/03 are the years when he won the gold glove. Its not a numbering system.

3arod13
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
The 02/03 are the years when he won the gold glove. Its not a numbering system.

I assumed it was a numbering system, especially consider the auction deccription states:

This Rawling Gold Glove was used by Alex Rodriguez dating back from his 2003 and 2004 season (his first season as the N.Y. Yankees) !!

joelsabi
10-16-2007, 08:35 PM

I believe i found the place where it was auctioned off. http://robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2006/1069.html#photos

knowing this and the person on ebay with no previous sale on ebay, is it possible that the photo and description was taken from here with the intend of fraud?

it just seem usual for such an item to not have a minimum bid if the person bought it for over 3K.

3arod13
10-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I believe i found the place where it was auctioned off. http://robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2006/1069.html#photos

knowing this and the person on ebay with no previous sale on ebay, is it possible that the photo and description was taken from here with the intend of fraud?

it just seem usual for such an item to not have a minimum bid if the person bought it for over 3K.

Nice work! I contacted the seller on three different occasions over the past couple of days, with no response.

3arod13
10-17-2007, 05:47 AM
I contacted ebay and recommended they cancel this auction until the seller can prove to them that they have the glove in their possession.
I also provided them the link to the auction in which the glove was originally sold.

Numerous emails to the seller with no response.

cjclong
10-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Does anyone have any information as to whether this glove is authentic and can the loa's be trusted (Is ARod authenticated still in business?) and do we know now if the seller has the glove and if he does why is there no reserve if it previously sold for over $3,000.00 After contacting ebay has anyone heard anything. I hate the "I love NY" but I might have been interested if the above questions were addressed. Do the loa's describe why the glove should be considered used since no picture of the palm.

3arod13
10-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Does anyone have any information as to whether this glove is authentic and can the loa's be trusted (Is ARod authenticated still in business?) and do we know now if the seller has the glove and if he does why is there no reserve if it previously sold for over $3,000.00 After contacting ebay has anyone heard anything. I hate the "I love NY" but I might have been interested if the above questions were addressed. Do the loa's describe why the glove should be considered used since no picture of the palm.

I contacted ebay at 5:00am this morning via their live help. I also contact them. Still, the auction is active. I provided them the link to the auction which the glove sold for $3,000 and still it's active.

Ebay has to do a better job with this. If it sells, and the buyers pays and doesn't receive the glove, it's EBAYS fault.

Regards, Tony

sportscentury
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
GUF readers,

Seconds ago (literally), the seller canceled all bids and ended his auction early. I received the following email from the seller in response to my query:

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:56:10 -0400
Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, 03-04 ALEX RODRIGUEZ GAM...

In a message dated 10/16/2007 6:42:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, member@ebay.com (member@ebay.com) writes:

Hi

My Arod glove is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.
My final price for the glove is $980.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
I must add that you'll have the opportunity to inspect the item before you actually pay for it.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.
Thanks and sorry for delay
Mark Mancini

Best,
Reid

cjclong
10-18-2007, 08:51 AM
I received the same email.

3arod13
10-18-2007, 08:57 AM
GUF readers,

Seconds ago (literally), the seller canceled all bids and ended his auction early. I received the following email from the seller in response to my query:

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:56:10 -0400
Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, 03-04 ALEX RODRIGUEZ GAM...

In a message dated 10/16/2007 6:42:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, member@ebay.com (member@ebay.com) writes:

Hi

My Arod glove is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.
My final price for the glove is $980.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
I must add that you'll have the opportunity to inspect the item before you actually pay for it.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.
Mark Mancini

Best,
Reid

I find this odd, especially considering I emailed the seller on numerous occasions requesting a scan of the LOA (As the seller stated to do so in the auction) and never received a response.

I also sent him the link from when this glove was sold for $3,000. With that said, he then ends the auction and still offers the glove, with supposedly solid documentation, and still later offers it up for only $980. TOTAL FRAUD!

bigtruck260
10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I just got a response complete with photos, LOA documentation, etc.
Was any of this stuff posted in the autction description?

Dave

Hi

Mark Mancini

bigtruck260
10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
More....

bigtruck260
10-18-2007, 09:30 AM
and more...

joelsabi
10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
what is moneybooker? anyone use it?

bigtruck260
10-18-2007, 10:30 PM
what is moneybooker? anyone use it?

What are you referring to?

joelsabi
10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
the gentleman replied that we will finalize the transaction but i looked on the internet and MB doesn't seem secure. He says he need the money now in Spain so how will he deliver the glove for me to inspect if he is in Spain? This may be legit but just too many redflags for me.

Let me know if anyone purchases the glove from him at this outrageous discounted price.

3arod13
10-19-2007, 11:09 AM
If it's too good to be true, then don't trust it. As stated, too many red flags. Proceed with caution!

CollectGU
10-19-2007, 11:33 AM
wondering how many people he offered the glove to. he never mentioned me by name in any of his emails.

He's offered the glove to annyone who sent him an e-mail about it or made an offer on it...It's a scam

bigtruck260
10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
But it looks like he has the glove in his possession, right? If he answered the question about the $2000 loss he is taking, it might make more sense.
It certainly is bizarre...did anyone do some research on the guy's name?

Dave

bigtruck260
10-19-2007, 12:15 PM
...Since the documents are not full sized, I would assume that you care correct that he requested them...

How about the various photos of the glove in a case...? Were those listed on the original auction site?

Dave

joelsabi
10-19-2007, 12:42 PM
only two photos of the item in the original auction but the documents and photos in the glove could have been requested.

i just email the auction house but i dont know if they can verify the winner of the glove because of privacy issues. lets see.

any other ideas?

cjclong
10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
If the auction house won't release the name of the winner would they be willing to contact him and let him know that the glove he won appears to be up for auction now if they still have contact information. If I had purchased something that I had in my possession and was informed that someone was falsely claiming they had the item and was trying to sell it to an unsuspecting buyer I would certainly cooperate in trying to have it stopped. We don't know that this has happened of course, but because of the odd way this auction has been handled it needs to be checked out.

joelsabi
10-19-2007, 04:55 PM
We don't have a Mark Mancini on our mailing list. It is always possible
he could be listed under his business name if he has a store or company.
He could also have purchased it from the winner. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson

President

Robert Edward Auctions, LLC

P.O. Box 7256

Watchung, N.J. 07069

908-226-9900

908-226-9920 fax

www.RobertEdwardAuctions.com (http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/)

sportscentury
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Guys,

I ask this with great affection: Have you all lost your minds? Run far and fast from dealing with this guy. BAD NEWS.

Reid

kingjammy24
10-19-2007, 05:24 PM
is the lining correct? maybe someone should have denny esken check it out? and then maybe bob clevenhagen can take a look?

rudy.

Carlevv
10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Rudy, that is the first post i laughed out loud to in my history on these boards. Hilarious.

commando
06-28-2008, 01:09 PM
So the glove is now being sold by a zero-feedbacker who lives in "Norwich, CT" (it's a little closer than Spain, I guess...)

I can sum up my feelings on the auction by quoting the last line written by the seller: "If you want to have it please contact me first before you put your bit. I'll supply the pics with LOA/JSA DNA..."

Spoken like a true Norwichian.

bigtruck260
06-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I am almost certain that this exact glove was featured in BECKETT ELITE recently (Auction results).

mr.miracle
06-30-2008, 08:06 PM
I contacted ebay at 5:00am this morning via their live help. I also contact them. Still, the auction is active. I provided them the link to the auction which the glove sold for $3,000 and still it's active.

Ebay has to do a better job with this. If it sells, and the buyers pays and doesn't receive the glove, it's EBAYS fault.

Regards, Tony

When it comes to security you just cannot beat ebay. They sure do takes these issues seriously as evidenced by the way that they handled this auction. Their fraud division investigators are simply the finest in the industry. Either ebay has gotten so big over the past ten years that it is an 800 pound gorilla that is unmanageable when it comes to fraud simply based on the sheer number of cases or more likely, ebay does not want to mess with the almighty dollar and potentially lose its own revenue if and when it really started to crack down on fraud cases. Simply sad, very sad.

3arod13
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Someone new to ebay signed up and increased the bidding on the arod glove. Shill bidding? Looks like it.

I emailed the seller numerous times, with negative response.

I'd stay way!

nyjetsfan14
07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
When it comes to security you just cannot beat ebay. They sure do takes these issues seriously as evidenced by the way that they handled this auction. Their fraud division investigators are simply the finest in the industry. Either ebay has gotten so big over the past ten years that it is an 800 pound gorilla that is unmanageable when it comes to fraud simply based on the sheer number of cases or more likely, ebay does not want to mess with the almighty dollar and potentially lose its own revenue if and when it really started to crack down on fraud cases. Simply sad, very sad.

They're too busy counting their money

suave1477
07-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I am sorry guys I have to play Devils Advocate on this one.

I been reading through everyones threads here and so far all I see is members here speculating that this is a fraudulent glove and most of the speculation is being based on peoples assumptions and the sellers actions or lack of actions.
But yet no one has any proof.
Also members here have also shown this possibly could be a used glove.

Yet I see a lot of pople here screaming fraud and fake and etc... etc....

Yet from what it looks like no one really knows.

I do agree with everyone there is a lot of red flags and it may be in bests interest to pass I still see a liklyhood this can be real this is just imo

3arod13
07-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I am sorry guys I have to play Devils Advocate on this one.

I been reading through everyones threads here and so far all I see is members here speculating that this is a fraudulent glove and most of the speculation is being based on peoples assumptions and the sellers actions or lack of actions.
But yet no one has any proof.
Also members here have also shown this possibly could be a used glove.

Yet I see a lot of pople here screaming fraud and fake and etc... etc....

Yet from what it looks like no one really knows.

I do agree with everyone there is a lot of red flags and it may be in bests interest to pass I still see a liklyhood this can be real this is just imo

My main concern is the seller won't respond to the many emails sent.

Glove may be good, but seller may not have it. Could have copied the pictures and posted to sell.

An item like this, I can assure you I would be watching my auction and responding to all emails.

3arod13
07-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Just got this email from the seller. Anyone else get an email? He also sent pics of the LOA (PSA/DNA, MEARS, etc.)

Hi

My Alex Rodriguez glove is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.

My final price for the glove is $1,870.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.

David Hernandez

ps: I attached more pics with the glove and with the LOA JSA PSA DNA

3arod13
07-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Just got this email from the seller. Anyone else get an email? He also sent pics of the LOA (PSA/DNA, MEARS, etc.)

Hi

My Alex Rodriguez glove is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.

My final price for the glove is $1,870.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.

David Hernandez

I recall receiving this same email when this glove was listed before.

Sanger22
07-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Looks like different prices for different people. My price was 1070. I would stay away. Hi

My final price for the glove is $1,070.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
David Hernandez

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.
(http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007

Sanger22
07-03-2008, 06:41 PM
My price is 1070Hi

My final price for the glove is $1,070.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
David Hernandez

(http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

ndevlin
07-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Thank you Reid!! Finally, someone with some sense in them!!

The same Arod glove on a different auction? Doesnt return emails? Going to Spain? Do you guys ever watch Dateline?!?!? I would NOT buy this glove!! Save your money on something that you know for sure about!!

Guys,

I ask this with great affection: Have you all lost your minds? Run far and fast from dealing with this guy. BAD NEWS.

Reid

joelsabi
07-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Same identical story as previously. what the odd the glove being in spain with two different persons. different name on probably the same aol account as the previous attempt a year ago. he now waiting for the bait and switch by inspecting through the moneybooker for any takers.

My price is 1070Hi

David Hernandez

(http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

joelsabi
07-03-2008, 07:52 PM
probably thinks those that responded the first time, a year ago, are really interested. i got quoted the $1,870 price :o

Looks like different prices for different people. My price was 1070. I would stay away. Hi

David Hernandez

(http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007

nate
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Just received an email from him saying a service called moneybookers will allow for a 14 day inspection period of the item. It's basically a European Western Union. There are no inspection periods with any wire transfer service.

joelsabi
07-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Just received an email from him saying a service called moneybookers will allow for a 14 day inspection period of the item. It's basically a European Western Union. There are no inspection periods with any wire transfer service.

so unexpected. :rolleyes: