PDA

View Full Version : common players versus stars and authenticity

David
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
All thing equivalent, is a common player jersey more likely to be genuine than a star player jersey? For example, it would seem that not only would the Pujols and Roger Clemens of the world would more likely to be the targets of fakery, but their names are far more likely to be put on store model jerseys. I assume there are substantially fewer store jerseys of common players, and store models are what are commonly faked and embellished to appear as game used … I recently bought from a reputable source a game used jersey of a common player (spends about half of the time in the majors, half the time in the minors). You always hear about retail versus player jerseys on Manny Ramirez and Big Papi jerseys, and I thought, I bet there isn’t a store model version of this jersey for this player.

05whitesox
10-14-2007, 04:00 PM
i agree with you thats why i buy mostly common players that people have no idea who they are i would never pay hundreds of dollars for gameused items from the top players knowing that theres a chance that they aren't real
1961yankee@gmail.com
www.freewebs.com/kennysmemorabilia