PDA

View Full Version : Gagne Jersey on ebay

bigjimsguitars
10-11-2007, 11:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120169119396&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

I email the seller and he says it has the proper 0062 wash tag, but will not guarantee it as real and said all of his auctions are AS IS.

I also asked for a picture of the wash tag, but he said his camera was at his office?

At the time I emailed him the opening bid set (zero bids) was $199.99, today it shows $299.99!

Has anyone done business with this seller and if so, is he a straight arrow?

5kRunner
10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
It looks like he has tried to sell it here before with no luck.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10108&highlight=gagne

ahuff
10-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Actually, that is my listing. To answer your question, I am a straight shooter.

This might sound harsh, but it truly isn't meant to be. But if you want references, you can talk to Chris Boyd, Howard Wolf, Jays1fan, saftey45, or read the 793 positive feedbacks (with 100% score) I have on ebay. I would hope they would all give you great reports about me.

I did indeed up the bid amount. Here is my reasoning. I've got $600 in the jersey, and didn't want to lose too much money. I didn't think it was fair, for those watching the auction, to end it early. However, I have a weird ending time on the jersey, so I didn't know how many people would actually remember to bid. I had originally set the price low, hoping it would encourage bidding. Unfortunately it didn't and stuff just seems to sit on there and not get bids. Because of the odd ending time, I figured there wouldn't be too many bidding at the last minute. (Though I am still holding my breath.) So therefore, I wanted to set a high enough minimum to not feel sick when the auction ended.

Indeed I have had this listed on the forum, before. As well as a few other items. One of my Jays jerseys, Guzman bat, and the Pens jersey sold. I told people that I was going to send the other stuff off to auction. I finally decided to just put them up myself. In that case, ebay was my only other option, as I missed the deadlines for most other auctions houses and our forum's auction.

Hope that helps.

bigjimsguitars
10-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks....

ahuff
10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
No prob. I would have thought it was odd, as well.

bigjimsguitars
10-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Eric was one of my Favorite Dodgers and it's too bad that his arm/shoulder failed him as he was the Best Reliever over a three year period. Maybe he was overused, or whatever...

I was at his last game as a Dodger (didn't know it at the time). Anyway, it's going nice to have one of his final Jersey's (maybe his last) as a Dodger.

Jim

bigjimsguitars
10-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes, I realize it was elbow surgery (2x) for what turned out to be a trapped nerve that ultimately was removed that sidelined his career...but it was the 2 herniated disks in his back that may be the worst of it.

Sorry for meandering a bit, but those who were lucky enough to see Eric during is prime know what a great pitcher he was and may still be if he can get his groove back!

bigjimsguitars
10-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Geez, I can't believe that Francona pulled Eric last night...the headlines will be that Gagne got nailed when in fact it was Lopez that was!

island_style
10-15-2007, 05:24 AM
A little OT from the thread's original intent, but I enjoyed watching Gagne close games at Dodger Stadium when I was living in California.

To this day, my two favorite songs in-a-row are "Welcome to the Jungle" (Gagne jogging from the Dodger bullpen to the pitcher's mound at the top of the ninth inning) and "I Love LA" after he saved the game.

I "caught" a foul ball that was pitched by Gagne during an interleague game against the Orioles at Dodger Stadium. The ball was fouled off to the section on my left. Many people dove for it, and the ball rolled across the aisle and towards my shoes. I scooped it up and instantly had a ball that was used during his consecutive games streak.

Back to the thread, glad you got the jersey!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

ahuff
10-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes, I realize it was elbow surgery (2x) for what turned out to be a trapped nerve that ultimately was removed that sidelined his career...but it was the 2 herniated disks in his back that may be the worst of it.

Sorry for meandering a bit, but those who were lucky enough to see Eric during is prime know what a great pitcher he was and may still be if he can get his groove back!

I believe this will only be a temporary blow-up unless he chooses to go to a team where he will not be the closer. Anyone that has played fantasy baseball knows that bringing a closer in during a non-save situation is the kiss of death. I don't care if you are talking K-rod, Gagne, or any of the elite guys. I don't believe it is a coincidence that his downfall was at the exact time of going to Boston to be a set-up guy. A closer is a closer!!!! It wasn't like he didn't warn them - for weeks - that he didn't want to go there unless he was going to be a closer (which obviously he wasn't).

bigjimsguitars
10-15-2007, 08:46 PM
I believe this will only be a temporary blow-up unless he chooses to go to a team where he will not be the closer. Anyone that has played fantasy baseball knows that bringing a closer in during a non-save situation is the kiss of death. I don't care if you are talking K-rod, Gagne, or any of the elite guys. I don't believe it is a coincidence that his downfall was at the exact time of going to Boston to be a set-up guy. A closer is a closer!!!! It wasn't like he didn't warn them - for weeks - that he didn't want to go there unless he was going to be a closer (which obviously he wasn't).

I couldn't agree with you more! There is a certain take no prisoner mentality that closers have and that can't be messed with and Boston messed with it with Gagne.

Saito is getting up there in age and Broxton has never been a closer, but rather a starter and set-up man....do you think that Gagne could be a Dodger again...after all, he was well received by us Angelino's.

BTW, the Jersey arrived today and it is a good one that shows good game use even-though Eric only officially pitched in 3 away games in 2005, all in June.

Many thanks!

ahuff
10-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Glad you enjoy it. Like I said, I now know it has a good home. It was real hard to part with. One of the toughest I've let go of.

kellsox
10-16-2007, 04:49 PM
i believe this is far from "temporary". This guy killed his free agent value the last 2 months of the season. While I agree that closers will struggle from time to time when brought into a non-save situation, this guy looks clueless and can't get out of an inning without giving up a at least a hit or a walk. He has had a while to work things out and cant get it done. He cost the Sox several games down the stretch and is currently an empty spot on their playoff roster.
kelly

bigjimsguitars
10-16-2007, 11:39 PM
i believe this is far from "temporary". This guy killed his free agent value the last 2 months of the season. While I agree that closers will struggle from time to time when brought into a non-save situation, this guy looks clueless and can't get out of an inning without giving up a at least a hit or a walk. He has had a while to work things out and cant get it done. He cost the Sox several games down the stretch and is currently an empty spot on their playoff roster.
kelly

So he was good as a Closer with Texas and sucked as a set-up guy with Boston, gee, doesn't that kind of prove what Ahuff and I said?

Brilliant move my Francona and the Front Office of Boston...

Trust me, a real GM will see the value added to having a proven Closer (who will be a closer) in their bullpen. When healthy, there is no better than Gagne as he proved when he damn near accomplished 100 saves in a row, a feat that I doubt will ever be duplicated. Guess what, Gagne is healthy....

But we have strayed from my initial post and I now must say that Ahuff is a true gentleman and I feel stupid for ever doubting that I would be getting anything less than a great jersey from him!