PDA

View Full Version : How to EMAIL equipment managers!

jake33
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Ok, I look for about 1-2 hours a day trying to find any current buccaneers game worn jerseys and continue to fall very short. One suggestion I will give people trying to contact equipment managers is this.

MOST sports teams have emails like this

BOB@buccaneers.nfl.com

OR Jim@packers.nfl.com

THe emailing format is IDENTICAL for all the people inside the team. For the bucs it is the first letter of the first name followed by the rest the full last name. so Tony Dungy would be

tdungy@colts.nfl.com

if you cna find ANYONES email address for your team then just follow the exact same format for getting their email address. It is worth a try and I have had a few responses. Just thought I would help anyone in a roadblock situation...

madlab7
10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
have you had any success in contacting or tried contacting the Raiders?

34swtns
10-10-2007, 06:12 AM
I've never tried it, personally. I can't imagine making phone calls and writing letters to strangers begging for free stuff, but maybe that's just me. What I can imagine is that during any given week a team's eqt. staff get several similar e-mails and phone calls from people either trying to buy or get free stuff from them. It must get annoying. They probably pass along some of the "I'm with so-and-so charity and we'd really like to have a jersey to auction off" letters and e-mails to management but I'm betting all the "hey, I collect your team's jerseys" letters go straight into the trash.
I'll just stick to buying what comes up for sale at auctions or from individual sellers. While I do appreciate the people who take the time to make the calls and write the letters begging for the items that ultimately wind up in the market and potentially in my collection, I just can't be one of them.
My 2 centabos.....

jake33
10-10-2007, 12:15 PM
never tried the raiders, in this hobby you have to be aggressive and go after what you want instead of letting it come to you. I prefer calling agents instead of equipment managers but ALWAYS give a dollar amount you want to pay so you can show them you are serious.