PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Model Branding

island_style
10-08-2007, 06:44 AM
BMH (and any other Forum members):

Is there any rhyme or reason to the relationship of the spacing between the word GENUINE and the model number on the barrel? I've seen several Louisvilles with GENUINE and the model number in close relationship next to each other. Then again, I've seen GENUINE and the model number with a huge gap in-between. Does it depend on the person who is branding the bats at that time? Are there specific procedures for this? I'm not doubting the authenticity of this Biggio bat, just using it as an example of the larger-than-normal gap in-between GENUINE and the model number. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Craig-Biggio-Game-Used-Bat-Houston-Astros-2004_W0QQitemZ200159162674QQihZ010QQcategoryZ60596 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

BMH
10-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Burn branded Maple...haven't seen that in a few years. Anyway, it usually is up to the individual brander to set up the brands. Especially on burn branding; it's a very unique process and we actually don't want two bats looking exactly alike. It's what gives every bat it's character.

Personally, I agree, it's very wide. They usually line them up with the ends of the team name.

island_style
10-09-2007, 04:43 AM
BMH, you are an incredible source of information for Louisville bats! Thanks for sharing your expertise with the Forum members!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com