PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to store and display a GU Jersey?

bigjimsguitars
10-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I know it sounds corny, especially since I've collected on and off for about 20 years, but I don't know the best way to store or display my GU Jersey's, Hat's, etc.

The hat's I have either are in special Plexiglas display cases or in Ziploc bag's. Now I would think that is fine. Same is true for the batting gloves I have acquired.

I guess the real question I'm posing is what about Jersey's? Is it safe to hang them on Good Wood Hangers, or should it be thick plastic one's? I store them in Black Garment Bags when not on display and when they are displayed they are covered in plastic (like what Dry Cleaners use).

I don't like the idea of framing them as I just don't have enough space to hang them although I may do that to a few of them, but I like the idea of being able to see both sides of the jersey.

Am I okay the way I'm doing it right now?

Geez, I feel sorta naive and dumb for even having to ask.

Bat's are easy as I just put them in tubes or display cases and off we go.

It would be great if someone made a jersey display case that was two sided and accepted a hanger so it wouldn't need to be pinned or such.

05whitesox
10-07-2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/gameused
go to this website well this is kyles website you probably know him he has a way to display everything so check out his site.

bigjimsguitars
10-07-2007, 10:43 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/gameused
go to this website well this is kyles website you probably know him he has a way to display everything so check out his site.

Nice site, but it doesn't talk about how to care for or display...

bigjimsguitars
10-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Okay, I see that he does talk a bit in the how to make a case section, but never addresses if it's okay to use wooden hangers....

05whitesox
10-07-2007, 11:21 AM
it does i forgot to tell you to go to the title up top that says make a nice display case and it'll show you