PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see Bobby Abreu break his bat tonight?

kylehess10
10-06-2007, 03:05 AM
During the Yanks/Indians game tonight, Bobby Abreu barely tapped home plate with his bat before getting ready for the first pitch and all of the sudden the bat breaks in two. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

metsbats
10-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Perhaps it had a slight hairline crack which went unnoticed and tapping the bat on the plate was the straw which broke the camels back.

-David

OaklandAsFan
10-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Happened to Arod a few years ago while with Texas also. Just barely tapped the plate and it fell in two. Everyone was laughing about it and I guess the ump said something because Arod laughed and made a muscle .

flaco1801
10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
it could have been a practical joke if his fellow teamates know that he ALWAYS taps home with bat they could have staged it to loosen up the team otherwise i dont see it happenning unless it was done on a previous at bat.

metsbats
10-07-2007, 12:06 PM
This reminds me of the time during the 1989 season Roger McDowell sawed all of Gregg Jefferies prized bats in half and taped them together. After Jefferies broke his favorite game bat during the next game in St. Louis he returned to the dugout for a replacement only to have it collapse in his hands.

David

05whitesox
10-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I WAS TOLD HE BROKE THE BAT BECAUSE OF THE SLIDER HE HIT THE BAT WITH FROM HIS PREVIOUS AT BAT THAT WAS HILARIOUS
www.freewebs.com/kennysmemorabilia