PDA

View Full Version : Frederick Keys Game Used Jerseys

geoff
10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
If anyone is interested the Frederick Keys have started selling Game Used Jerseys from this year.I picked up a Road Brandon Erbe Game used Jersey.This was his only road jersey from this year.

If anyone else picks up a jersey post it hear if you don't mind.
I would like to know what other Forum Members are buying.

Thanks
Geoff

89ASMVPBats
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Geoff,

Are they selling the jerseys at the stadium store? If so, do you know the store's hours?

Thanks,
Drew

geoff
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
They are selling them on the Keys Website.

topekabob
10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Relatively pricey at $200 a jersey. I say relatively because I just bought a fabulous Nashville Sounds home vest (with patch) for $75 off their website (I think they had some more left too) and if my short-term memory serves the Toledo Mud Hens had game used home and away jerseys of all kinds for sale for $75-$125 and I also think the Mobile Bay Bears had some nice ones at that price on their websites.

BUT - if you're going to spend $200 on a minor league jersey, RUN to the Des Moines Cubs website and check out their Turn back the clock jerseys they're selling. They're old time flannels with "BRUINS" on the front, and they throw in the pants, stirrups and hat!

I blew my monthly jersey allowance on the Sounds jersey, so if you buy one enjoy post a photo here and I'll enjoy it vicariously through you!

geoff
10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
I only bought the Erbe from the Keys because I am an Orioles Fan and think in a few years he is going to be one heck of a pitcher.

topekabob
10-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Everything's relative. If you like the Keys jersey that's all that matters.
My wife saw my 1979 Salt Lake Gulls jersey on the wall and when I told her I paid $100 she said she would pay me to take it down (in her defense, it is a rather hideous shade of orange...but my goodness...Gil Flores!).

But thanks for posting the Keys info on the forum. Sometimes it's really hard finding out which minor league teams are selling jerseys and it's greatly appreciated when you and others let us know what's for sale.

geoff
10-05-2007, 01:49 AM
No problem just like you said I would want the same info in return.Because it is really hard unless you want to go to every teams website or call them.

intheminors
10-05-2007, 09:36 AM
It's very tough checking with each team every year but it has become worth it. That's why I e-mail some of my collectors when I find out that minor league teams are selling. I think it helps everyone.

By the way, I bought one of those Keys' jerseys a year or two ago. It was worn by Larry Bigbie. For me, the justification is once I have a jersey from a team, I'm done collecting them. Unless it's a defunct team that I'm interested in.

The Keys are not the only team selling gamers for $200 this season. I know that for a fact.

Good luck collecting.

Kyle

ahuff
10-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Also, just thought I'd let you know that the Swing of the Quad Cities is selling off their Jerseys and Pants. They are $200 for the jersey, and I can't remember how much for the pants. There are also some Vegas Style and Browns Style jerseys, as well. They are much cheaper at $75 or $100.

For some reason, the website hasn't worked for days. Perhaps it is because the team is getting a new name. Anyway, you can call Jessica at (563) 324-3000. Be sure to tell her Bryan told you about it. She helped me out a ton with some of the jerseys I've been wanting for years.

ahuff
10-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Also, not trying to hijack the thread, but I also ran across these jerseys being offered.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/page.jsp?ymd=20070827&content_id=295318&vkey=news_t451&fext=.jsp&sid=t451

They are real sweet looking Des Moines Bruin jerseys that the Iowa Cubs wore.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/multimedia/page.jsp?ymd=20070615&content_id=259109&vkey=multimedia_t451&fext=.jsp&sid=t451

You can see them in action on the June 29th multimedia clip.

Let us know if you guys pick up anything from all the different teams.

warheel
10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
daytona cubs are selling jerseys

http://www.skiltech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=daytona&Category_Code=JER1

So are the New Hampshire Fisher Cats

and

West Tenn Diamond Jaxx

topekabob
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Much thanks for the information on the minor league teams selling their jerseys! If anyone else knows of some teams let us know!

The Kansas City T-Bones might have a few game worn jerseys left - a few were hanging in their store the last game of the season. The team shop number is 913-328-5624. The vests are very cool looking. If I recall they were selling for $90, but they did have a 40% off sale on the last game and maybe you could talk them into pretending its the last game again!

possum
10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are auctioning their Red Cross jerseys...kind of disappointing, but its their first year in new colors so maybe they want to hang onto the regular homes/roads. http://www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com/fans/auctions//

island_style
10-07-2007, 04:11 AM
Trenton Thunder (Yankees AA) auctioned off some of their jerseys and sold the others (game used and team-issued) on a first-come, first-served basis. Joba Chamberlain was one of the jerseys that was being auctioned. If I remember correctly, Steiner ended up with the Joba.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

geoff
10-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Delmarva Shorebirds have Jerseys for sale on their Website.
Any new teams out there have Jerseys up yet.

topekabob
10-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks for all the postings on the minor league jerseys. I picked up a nice Quad Cities Swing "Browns" TBTC jersey because of this thread. Thanks!

ahuff
10-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Thanks for all the postings on the minor league jerseys. I picked up a nice Quad Cities Swing "Browns" TBTC jersey because of this thread. Thanks!

Aren't those sweet!!! I picked one up at the auction night. If you go on flickr.com, I posted photos of some of the guys wearing them. Just search the terms - browns/quad/cities. They will pop up.

topekabob
10-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Ahuff- Thanks for sharing the photos. Those Browns jerseys are very sharp and really well made. Do you know who wore #48 on the TBTC night?

Anybody ever call the T-Bones and find out if they had any jerseys left?

ahuff
10-21-2007, 06:02 AM
I checked my rosters, and I can't find anyone wearing #48. However, I don't have a scorecard from that night. My son also got a ball signed that night, but I couldn't find anyone wearing #48. It is very possible someone was wearing it, though, as there were tons of roster moves around that time of the season.

fridgefan
10-26-2007, 07:45 AM
The Hagerstown Suns and Vermont Lake Monsters, both Nationals affiliates, are selling their 2007 home and road jeseys.

topekabob
10-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks Fridgefan. The Lake Monsters are also selling 2005 and before game worn Vermont Expos jerseys and pants. Pants are only $25 apiece. The Sunds jerseys are sweet but I'm a steady but low money collector, so a little above my pay range.

Boy did I love it when Steiner emailed a while back with a $99 one day sale (one dollar under my limit - a game worn road NY jersey for $99 - what a country!)

The Nashville Sounds have their 2007 BP jerseys on sale. They're going for between $50-$100, with a some recognizable names in there. They still have lots of other game worn jerseys for sale but I think their web site is a little out of date and they don't have all that is featured there. But still some very nice jerseys.

topekabob
10-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Ahuff - I made a mistake. My TBTC Browns jersey from the Swing is #25. Could you check your rosters from that season and see who wore #25? Thanks!
Bob

ahuff
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Elvis Hernandez usually wore #25. He did not pitch that night, as he pitched on August 29th (2 days before). Here is the box score from the night these were worn. I can't remember when the team usually had the pitcher charting pitches, but I think he would have been doing that the night before. He very likely wore this jersey, but didn't play in the game.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2007_08_31_peoafx_qcsafx_1

topekabob
10-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Ahuff - Thanks, I really appreciate it!
Bob