PDA

View Full Version : Thome 2001 Home Jersey Photomatch???

skyking26
10-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Need assistance on the current ebay auction 110176748582 Jim Thome GU 2001 home jersey. Patches look good, tags, etc. Anybody good with photomatches?? Corbis has a pic with Thome plainly with his back to the camera and the American Flag does not look like it is placed the sameover the nameplate as the auction jersey.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

RK

05whitesox
10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
im thinking about buying that jersey to so if there are any experts could you please give us a hand

skyking26
10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
05sox: I got a weird response from the seller saying they have sold many bats and jerseys for the jersey consignor, bla, bla bla. There is no written proof that the consignor actually worked for the Indians. I could tell you I worked for any MLB team, and the player is a pal of mine and took it off their back and handed it to me. I have asked the seller to have the consignor , at the least, offer a letter saying how they obtained the item and what their position was with the team. Tags look fine, would be a killer jersey, but use looks light and the sellers very vague response to my questions leaves me a tad cold. For the simple purpose of resale, you need documentation. If you want to pursue the shirt based on the info I have, have at it...:D

skyking26
10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I spent part of the day corresponding with the auction seller for the 2001 Thome. I related that this was an attractive piece, but was wondering if the seller would be able to offer a letter stating her relationship with the Indians and how she came to obtain the jersey, photos, etc. The auction co. came back stating that the seller was contacted and did not want to do anything. I will officially bow out of interest in this jersey. As I told the auction co., I would have went at least $1500, but if a seller does not want to comply with the simple truths and facts about an item, what comfort lever does a buyer have other than the obvious??? Buyer beware, all I can say.

RK:cool: