PDA

View Full Version : An absolute travesty!Bad deal..

jon_8_us
10-03-2007, 01:33 AM
This Manny bat is so wrong in so many fashions.Whats scary is the signature and inscription are legit.My favorite player will apparently sign anything he is told to....:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-RAMIREZ-GAME-USED-SIGNED-BASEBALL-BAT-RED-SOX-ESM_W0QQitemZ120165865551QQihZ002QQcategoryZ27261Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone dropped big bucks on a bad bat.If i need to comment past the tape job,barrel wear,lack of top of bat wear,etc please let me know and i'll break the whole bat down.

I still have 700$ with ESM that i paid in May of this year for an 07 Manny bat.I was giving them a chance to come up with one but i have now changed my mind!I wonder where this bat even came from.It definitely wasn't from Manny...
Jon

whatupyos
10-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Just a question...Does ESM stand for Everything Seems Make-believe??

geoff
10-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Jon I would not mind your take on the bat as I have a few Manny Bats myself.

MSpecht
10-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Here are a few pics from a Manny bat sourced from Steiner after their Red Sox deal >>>

jon_8_us
10-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Here are a few pics from a Manny bat sourced from Steiner after their Red Sox deal >>>

I saw this bat in the GUU auction list and now it is not there.Any idea as to why?
Jon

jon_8_us
10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Jon I would not mind your take on the bat as I have a few Manny Bats myself.

Short story.....tape job is dead wrong,barell use is wrong(should be almost strict left barrel if it's an 07),also the barrel markings just seem fishy to me.There should be wear on the top left of the barrel where Manny taps his bat 4-5 times after every pitch.Also i have yet to see a Elite 07 Manny thats stands up to his characteristics.And the model is not a model that Manny used in a game this year.He has strictly used Ty's Sam bats this year.Any more questions about Manny bats feel free to email me.
Jon

indyred
10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Does Sam make retail models? Elite has a bunch of game ready SAM bats they are selling signed by Manny. Do they have certain markings on those?

dcrules01
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
He was using an X bat tonight if I am correct....

jon_8_us
10-04-2007, 01:00 AM
He was using an X bat tonight if I am correct....

He has used the same X-bat since he came back from injury about two weeks ago.As for Sam retail bats they have very distinct markings on the end of the barell.This bat is not a retail..
Jon

Aksflyest
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Jon,

Sounds like you got a real bad deal from ESM. I was very close to giving them 1500 for two gamers but backed out at the last minute. I Hope it works out and they atleast refund your money.

As an expert on manny can you give me alittle insight into the bats he used in cleveland. I've seen cooper, rawlings, carolina, and stix floating around but don't remember what he was using at the time.

jon_8_us
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Jon,

Sounds like you got a real bad deal from ESM. I was very close to giving them 1500 for two gamers but backed out at the last minute. I Hope it works out and they atleast refund your money.

As an expert on manny can you give me alittle insight into the bats he used in cleveland. I've seen cooper, rawlings, carolina, and stix floating around but don't remember what he was using at the time.

The Cleveland bats i would consider would be as follows:
Ash natural and black finish Louisville.I don't know the different names for the black finish but i believe Manny uses a Smith(?) finish
Cooper
Rawlings
Stix
Carolina Clubs

I have seen pics of him using these particular bats while in Cleveland.
Jon