PDA

View Full Version : Is my Prince Fielder 2005 Gamer authentic?

brianborsch
01-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Hello,

Just wondering if there is a question regarding the authenticity of this bat that I am not aware of as I am fairly new to collecting bats. Here is why I think it is authentic:

1) It is a Louisville Slugger stamped with a 125
2) It is a Genuine C271 Model with his signature burned into the bat meaning he has a contract with LS.
3) Checked with LS and the only time he ordered this type of bat with this finish was in 2005 (He ordered the C271 before 2005 but they were not in the natural finish)
4) Regarding point #2, I know you can find player models in stores, like for Ken Griffey, Alex Rodriguez, Jackie Robinson, etc....but Prince hasn't made a name for himself yet for that to happen so you know this bat was not purchased at a store as they wouldn't sell this in a store.
5) It is autographed by Prince Fielder himself, and the auto matches the signature burned into the bat, and other signatures I have seen of Prince.
6) It has game use, such as ball marks, rack marks and even some pine tar!
7) His #28 is on the nob in sharpie and he did not have that # anywhere else except in the bigs in 2005.
8) There are pictures of Prince in 2005 using this exact model/finish bat.

Let me know what you veterans think and let me know your concerns. I need to be educated on the science of game used bats.