PDA

View Full Version : How many of you believe this post season will be a good one for Arod?

3arod13
09-28-2007, 09:14 AM
How many of you believe this post season will be a good one for Arod?

I have to beleive it will be good this year. Arod, from the first month of baseball, as been consistent in his play.

I have to believe this year, his head is clear nad he is going into the post season pumped up and ready to do his thing, instead of having to worry about the past.

Your thoughts?

toddhead
09-28-2007, 09:20 AM
How many of you believe this post season will be a good one for Arod?

I have to beleive it will be good this year. Arod, from the first month of baseball, as been consistent in his play.

I have to believe this year, his head is clear nad he is going into the post season pumped up and ready to do his thing, instead of having to worry about the past.

Your thoughts?

I think he will have a great post season because he knows it is his last as a Yankee.

Can't wait to see him in a Cubs uniform...

3arod13
09-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Can't wait to see him in a Cubs uniform...

What's all this talk about the Cubs? I can't believe Arod would go to a National League Team.

I hope he stays a Yankee.

I will say this: If Arod leaves NY, soley for more money, then I will lose respect for him. He's says he's not about the money, however, if he leaves for more money, then I believe it's what's more important to him.

For myself, I would take less just to wear the uniform of a New York Yankee.

Vintagedeputy
09-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Arod will have a fantastic post season.

He is not going anywhere. This year, he finally relaxed and has been accepted by the fans. I think that he knows his best chance of getting a ring is here with the Yankees. New stadium next year, a powerful line up........nope, Arod is a Yankee until he retires.

3arod13
09-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Arod will have a fantastic post season.

He is not going anywhere. This year, he finally relaxed and has been accepted by the fans. I think that he knows his best chance of getting a ring is here with the Yankees. New stadium next year, a powerful line up........nope, Arod is a Yankee until he retires.

I hope you're right and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's the only place to be. Look how many Red Sox players secretly want to come to NY to be a Yankee (lol). Funny, but true.

Vintagedeputy
09-28-2007, 09:48 AM
hey 3arod - wasnt sure if you knew this but SCD runs a free contest each day and today's item is an Arod auto ball. I got my entry in!

Jim

jon_8_us
09-28-2007, 09:50 AM
What's all this talk about the Cubs? I can't believe Arod would go to a National League Team.

I hope he stays a Yankee.

I will say this: If Arod leaves NY, soley for more money, then I will lose respect for him. He's says he's not about the money, however, if he leaves for more money, then I believe it's what's more important to him.

For myself, I would take less just to wear the uniform of a New York Yankee.

There was talk that Scott Boras has been having discussions with a group that is gonna submit a bid to buy the Cubs and are offering Arod an ownership stake as part of his contract.
jon

ironmanfan
09-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Arod has a solid relationship with Pinella from both their days in Seattle and that adds fule to the speculation that he is heading to ChiTown.

Vintagedeputy
09-28-2007, 11:24 AM
MLB rules prohibit a player from having ownership in a team or having anything built into a contract giving him ownership down the road.

The Cubs story was just a story.

richpick
09-28-2007, 11:49 AM

When has Arod proven that it is not about the money? It is about the money and if someone is paying more he will leave. Yankee fans have been brutal to Arod for how long and now this year he is now a true Yankee, give me a break. I think the years of torment in New York have taken a toll on Arod and unless he has a Jeter like post season then they will be all over him again and he will leave.

How about this scenario game one of the post season and Arod goes 1-4 and makes a error. What will the papers say then!

Don't forget in the playoffs he is facing the best of the best.

Richard

NegleyPirate
09-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I hope Arod sign's with the Pirate's. Wishful thinking on my part. It would be great to see what he could do for my Pirate's. It will never happen unless Mark Cuban buys the Pirate's. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the N.L. that way I could see him play more.

bigtime59
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Miss Pay-Rod will do her usual Choketober swoon, and the Yankee$ will be home after the first round...if not, then the terrorists win!

skyking26
09-28-2007, 04:16 PM
There has been alot of media talk that Arod will leave for another team. I was at Comerica last year when he caved in. Horrid series. He has never stopped producing all year. That said, I am surprised people pitch to him. If he chokes in the postseason this year, he will be rightfully labled a postseason choker like Bonds, etc, and probably be gone.

allstarsplus
09-28-2007, 04:43 PM
We would like ARod with the Nationals and give him Shortstop...but seriously I hope he stays with the Yankees and he has a chance for amazing history there!

Good luck to him in the Post-season!!!

Andrew

bigtruck260
09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Who cares? If he hits .102 - he still had a great season. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Cardinals uniform.

Nathan
09-28-2007, 06:15 PM
As a Cardinals fan, I propose trading David Eckstein straight up for Rodriguez. All we ever hear is how "clutch" Eckstein is, therefore he must be better than Rodriguez (at least in the magical fairy tale world of Joe Morgan).

C'mon, what do you say, Yankees?

cigarman44
09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Hell we could give them Eckstien and that broke down piece of Rolen and he could patrol everything between 2nd and 3rd

Nathan
09-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Hell we could give them Eckstien and that broke down piece of Rolen and he could patrol everything between 2nd and 3rd

What's really needed is for Tim McCarver to become Yanks GM. He's not only trade Rodriguez for Eckstein, but probably Abreu for Darin Erstad (if the Cards could get him).

bigtruck260
09-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Then put the mastermind of the organization Al Hrabosky in the GM seat...:D :D :D

The Cards will crumble and sign Eckstein again, you and I know it. We will also have Rolen at third next season and an unhealthy Edmonds patrolling CF. A-Rod fantasies are just that. Cards need a pitcher, and unles A-Rod can throw 6 innings and keep it under 3 runs...ditto this miserable season.

Todd Wellemeyer :eek: