PDA

View Full Version : Late NFL Helmets

RKGIBSON
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
This discussion got started in the auction area on another thread. I think it deserves it own thread as there is so much about helmets that I do not know. Attached is the ear hole photo of the Alstott Pro Bowl helmet where the date code is thought to be found. After looking at my others I found another with a team certificate, stating the game which photo matches, That has no date in this area either. I still has the Riddell Inc. date sticker in it as well as a recertified 2006 sticker.

I would ask that other members look and see what other game used helmets have for dating purposes. I have earlier helmets that have etched in dates. I attached a picture of my Kevin Greene Panthers helmet date code.

Roger

RKGIBSON
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Is it possible this is a different plant or manufacturer, one etches the date and one uses a label?

Roger

brookecarter
09-30-2007, 08:10 PM
No need to reply but I will always be interested in the Ray Lewis 03 jersey you bought form AMI that I inquired about on a past thread. Not sure how to contact you privately so publically is it. My email is bcarter@eeanalytics.com if you are ever interested. Thanks.

RKGIBSON
10-18-2007, 06:05 PM
I picked up Mannings 2003 revolution helmet. It has no date codes on the shell or mask, that I can find. This helmet has Manning paperwork, hologram. It was used late in the season but I am not sure how many games yet, I have pictures ordered that should help me tell.

Roger

RKGIBSON
10-23-2007, 07:02 PM
The chin strap on the 2003 Manning helmet has a fluid insert in it. It is held in place only by the sleeve.

Roger