PDA

View Full Version : New, strange, ebay bidders?

33bird
09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Has anybody else noticed the ebay bidders bidding on lots of sports stuff that have ID's like this: r***y And they have private feedback id's too? Just kind of seems strange. It seems like every sports item I look at has a high bid by an id like this and they have private feedback. Just me or has anybody else noticed this too?
Gretg

otismalibu
09-26-2007, 08:30 PM
That's just eBay's latest way to hide bidder identity. I read somewhere that they simply take 2 random letters from your eBay user ID and stick some **** between them.

camarokids
09-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I thought something fishy was going on , I did not read about ebay hiding the member ID's. ebay makes it easier for the scam artists instead of safer for the buyers.....

Yankwood
09-27-2007, 02:52 PM
I thought something fishy was going on , I did not read about ebay hiding the member ID's. ebay makes it easier for the scam artists instead of safer for the buyers.....EBAY SUCKS!!! They have turned this into a shill bidder's paradise!!! All these codes and Private bidders and such feed into the hands of the crooks. Like we really need more of those out there.......I've about had it with ebay. Except that then I'd have nothing to do with my time... And yeah, for God's sake....please let this auction begin----you guys are killin' me!!! PLEEEEEZE ! ! ! Start it tonite, I IMPLORE YOU ! ! !
sorry, i've had a little too much coffee today. I'll be good. I promise.