PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Auction #Lot 52 Question

sicollector1954@insightbb.com
09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I am looking for feedback from any and all jersey collectors out there on Hunt Auction Lot # 52--Doug Collins home jersey and shorts. I do not as a general rule collect jerseys (vintage bats are my area) but in this case-it is a personal matter as I went to college with "Pick" Collins and still maintain a friendship today. I know he played during the time period stated in the description and know his number as a professional was always #20.
Please enlighten me as to any questions I might need to ask the auction house that look to be questionable--any comments regarding previous experience with this particuliar auction house and jerseys in general-taggings,etc. looking to be correct for the given time period and any other comments/opinions you might have. I am looking for as much information as I can get from as many different sources out there as I want to purchase this if in fact everything appears to be correct. Thanks much.

You many also e-mail me as well if with any further thoughts.

both-teams-played-hard
09-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Can't find it. Do you have a link?

both-teams-played-hard
09-27-2007, 01:30 PM
From the photos listed, the Collins looks good. Tagging and sizes look good, as well as vertical arch name-on-back "COLLINS". It is missing the "Pearson" custom tag, but that does not make or break the piece. No one can be sure from photos only, but with that said, it looks like a nice uniform. Maybe MalibuOtis can add his opinion.

otismalibu
09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I started typing up a reply last night, but I think my modem is dying and my internet access has been kicking out.

I quickly sent an email to the OP earlier this morning basically saying what BTPH said. I'm not really sure why some Sixers jerseys have the Pearson tag and some do not. Everything else looks good and the size would seem about right.

I went thru some yearbooks and noticed that Collins wore jerseys with two different style 2s. I've noticed this with other Sixers players (Toney & Malon to name a couple).

That vertical arch lettering was the basis for my question to GFC about the Erving jersey they just sold.

09-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks much for your insight and expertise!