PDA

View Full Version : MLB auctions...any way to contact them??

whatupyos
09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Forume members:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=86993083&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=87339793

Above is a link to the current mlb.com auctions of a Chipper Jones jersey. I know that many times the photos are shown and they aren't necessarily the jersey you are bidding on. I have tried numberous times to email them in their contact sections asking about an items use but so far to no evail. I understand in previous threads that all were entered as game issued and others I have seen entered as autographed when they in fact show wear. My questions is how have you, if any of you have before contacted them and spoke to a live person who could somehow say what the actual jersey is that I'd get if I bid and if it has wear. Its hard to tell from a small picture and the fact that it appears to be the same jersey they show in every auction...and the fact that the jersey show is a home, not a road like the one in the auction. Any help determining who to contact is appreciated.

Regards,
Aaron

kylehess10
09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I know that many times the photos are shown and they aren't necessarily the jersey you are bidding on.

I've seen this same thing with an Andruw Jones jersey, which said it was a road jersey when it had a home jersey pictured. By the looks of the picture in the auction, it looks as if it's the same jersey but I'd definitely find someway to contact MLB first to see what exactly you're bidding on.

I have tried numberous times to email them in their contact sections asking about an items use but so far to no evail.

They take forever to respond and sometimes they just ignore your e-mail

I understand in previous threads that all were entered as game issued and others I have seen entered as autographed when they in fact show wear.

ALL 2006 Atlanta Braves jerseys are in the database as "team issued". I have never seen one from 2006 that actually said "game used".