PDA

View Full Version : Mislisting an Item on ebay

intheminors
09-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Last night, I jump on everyone's favorite garage sale and I come across a guy who has listed three Atlanta Braves gamers for absurdly low Buy It Now prices. So, I bought all three of them.

I mailed payment this morning. Then, I received an e-mail that told me he was not going to sell them to me and that he was going to relist them.

The guy has an ebay score of 148 but a 96.2% positive feedback ranking. And, if he had been a member of the board or at least the slighest bit apologetic about the situation, I might feel a little more lenient. However, he just matter-of-factly told me that he was not selling and that he was going to relist.

Plus, if I hadn't sent payment, I run the risk of his posting a non-paying bidder complaint against me.

So, I ask, what do you think I should do and how far should I go?

Thanks.

Kyle

bigtime59
09-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Did he not have Paypal as a payment option?
At minimum, drop neg-bombs on him for all three items.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

mvandor
09-21-2007, 10:22 AM
I'd report him to ebay, he has a contractual obligation to sell to you.

mvandor
09-21-2007, 10:23 AM
BTW 96.2% feedback is a red flag in ebay parlance if he has any volume.

genius
09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Could be worse...check this out. A guy lists an old bottle of beer and has a typo in the name of the beer. Sells it for $300 or so. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270132264843

Then, the buyer relists it with the correct spelling and he gets $500,000. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260145824374

Neely8
09-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Could be worse...check this out. A guy lists an old bottle of beer and has a typo in the name of the beer. Sells it for $300 or so. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270132264843

Then, the buyer relists it with the correct spelling and he gets $500,000. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260145824374

WOW! All I can say is holy sh$t to that one!! That was quite a return on that guy's investment. I hope the original seller didn't see that because he would probably blow his brains out.

skipcareyisfat
09-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Great as it would be to get those shirts for $1.99 each, I don't think you stand a chance at getting them, Kyle. It had to have been an error on the seller's part. Maybe he scheduled them at the same time and thought his price was $199. I'd take 3 negs all day long before letting those go at those prices, assuming I had made a mistake in the original listing price. At any rate, there's a Georgia pine somewhere around here that grows star and post-2000 game used Braves jerseys. I'll see what it has for you. ;)

Neely8
09-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Funny this topic should be mentioned because I just had this happen to me the other day. After I won the item I got an email from the seller telling me to keep my money and not to pay for it because it was not supposed to sell for that low. He gave me a cock and bull story about how he tried to change the minimum bid to what he wanted but ebay would not allow it (even though it was prior to the final 12 hours of the auction) and blah blah blah. I responded by informing him not selling it to me for my winning bid is not an option since a winning bid on ebay is a binding contract. He still resisted somewhat but after I told him I would be contacting ebay if you didn't complete the transaction he finally relented. He said the item was sent so we will see if I really get it or not. I paid through paypal with a credit card so at least I have some recourse if I don't get it.

genius
09-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I bought a Pens durene jersey that way and I held my breath the entire time until the jersey appeared in the mail. I figured there was a very good chance the seller would back out and that he or she would be bombarded with offers after I took the low "Buy it now". I do not think ebay contracts are enforceable and it wouldn't be worth the time or expense if they were.