PDA

View Full Version : White Sox World Series Jerseys

rbalm
01-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Just wanted to warn the group that the White Sox convention is happening this weekend and they have placed the WS patch on all their worn jerseys, even though styles were not worn in the WS.

Here is a link to a game worn jersey with a WS patch which is a different style than what was worn in the WS. During the WS, The White Sox wore pinstripes for the home games and their gray jerseys for the away games.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orlando-El-Duque-Hernandez-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-W-S_W0QQitemZ8757899117QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

I dont know what the White sox were thinking?????

bigtime59
01-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I wonder if they just patched EVERYTHING, anticipating that every style jersey would be worn? I was personally kind of irriatated that they didn't wear the black jerseys during the series...

ironmanfan
01-28-2006, 06:50 PM
BigTime...If your signature area is for retired #'s by the Orioles, you need to add # 7 (for Cal Ripken Sr).

R. C. Walker
01-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I wonder if they just patched EVERYTHING, anticipating that every style jersey would be worn? I was personally kind of irriatated that they didn't wear the black jerseys during the series...

I totally agree with you on both your points.

They obviously have to ready if it went seven. And though not a fan of alternate jerseys, I’m partial to the ChiSox black version.

RobSteinmetz
01-28-2006, 10:42 PM
From what I've heard from two different people who spoke to the staff at the team sale this weekend, the World Series patches were added to the black alternate jerseys and the home pinstripe vests AFTER the fact, just because they had a surplus of patches. Interestingly, the patches on the vests were added above the number on the jersey - as opposed to on the undershirts as other teams have in the past.

rbalm
01-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Folks,

You are missing my concerns. My concerns are that these jerseys WILL be passed off into the marketplace as WS game worn jerseys. The expert collector will not be fooled but the novice collector may not look at game pictures to see that they were worn in the WS.

Adam

trsent
01-30-2006, 07:07 PM
I heard they took all there fully tagged game issued and not worn jerseys and put the World Series patch on all of them and sold them as game issued for as little as $75. I highly doubt the guy on eBay has a COA that says game used, most likely game issued.