PDA

View Full Version : ASI Photos

obeyone10
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Here are some photos just a day or two after the ASI/ESM split. I have a couple more that I am waiting on. Please repost the thread.
Bryan Oberle

Here we have over 150 new xbats. All brand new. You can see numbers written on the knobs and the weights writting on the ends.
Boxes of bats, some just regular rawlings big sticks, but some had old hickory, crown, xbats. Brad sleeping on the couch.
A couple new Giambi Sam bats shown
Some random pairs of gloves, some of which were sold as super bowl winner's game used gloves.

jon_8_us
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Uh oh.......Looks like that thread is gonna have to be reborn.I'm at a loss for words.This doesn't look very good.......:eek:
Jon

skipcareyisfat
09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Bryan,
Are you saying that all of those X bats had ball marks, tape, pine tar, etc. added to them after these pictures were taken? What about all those Rawlings bats in the plastics bags?
-Jason

3arod13
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm at a loss for words...:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

3arod13
09-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, that explains why many of their bats couldn't be photomatch.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/142401962_157fc9edf0.jpg?v=0

obeyone10
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
The Rawlings bats are just the $13 bats that are signed and players names are engraved after the signing. No Rawling bigsticks were ever marked up. The Xbats pictured are new...marked/taped and sold later. They will probably pop up occasionally thoughout the marketplace. I have some more photos of other boxes full of bats. If you look real hard at the last picture, there is a large box behind the couch (some have white handles) and there are two more large boxes of bats in the very far right (right of dining room table).
Bryan

whatupyos
09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone from ASI care to explain??? Now's your time!! This is purely ridiculous!!!!!

ChrisCavalier
09-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

Once again, I will start this post by stating that GUU has absolutely no vested interest in taking anyone's side in this matter. Additionally, none of this site's moderators were privy to any of the protocols used at ASI nor do we know anything about what transpired between Mr. Oberle and ASI. Also, for those wondering, we have not heard any response from ASI to this particular thread.

With that said, when the last thread on this topic was created, we asked Mr. Oberle to provide proof to substantiate his claims about items being doctored. At this point, the moderators of this site need to understand how the photos provided offer proof of foul play. Once again, our personal opinions have nothing to do with matter nor does our question have anything to do with concerns about GUU's liability. To remind everyone, the 'Disclaimer and Responsibilities' in the 'Forum Policies' folder that states:

The views and opinions stated in the postings do not necessarily represent those of Game Used Universe, Inc. and GameUsedForum.com, Inc.

The views and opinions expressed in postings are the responsibility of the posters and not of Game Used Universe, Inc. and GameUsedForum.com, Inc.

Game Used Universe, Inc. and GameUsedForum.com, Inc. will not be held accountable for slanderous comments posted by others. Messages published on this website are the full and complete responsibility of the author.

All website users agree to these rules.

However, we believe many are aware that ASI does signings with players that involve un-used items. Therefore, if the "proof" of tampering has to do exclusively with personal eye-witnessing of these acts (i.e., there are no pictures or any other physical evidence of items being doctored, etc.) than we think this situation would be better served by taking it to legal authorities who can investigate these claims and have the means to properly adjudicate this matter.

Please let me know if I am missing something here. I will be happy to answer any questions but at this point we will need to once again ask for physical proof of wrongdoing for this thread to remain on the site. As for this forum, as mentioned in the previous thread, we have created, and will execute, protocols designed to insure this site operates in a responsible manner and that posts will have to be substantiated when deemed necessary. If that type of substantiation cannot be provided here, then this matter should be taken up with legal authorities who can properly assess the validity of the claims.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

3arod13
09-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I do agree with Cris that specfic proof is needed, but we all can agree that with the large number of brand new bats shown in these pictures, they have never been known to ever sell brand new, non used, non signed bats. For the amount shown in these pictures, one can come to their own conclusion.

If this pans out to be what is stated, how devistating to the hobby and all of those collectors who made purchases.

both-teams-played-hard
09-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I think the use of cellophane on a player's bat is a matter of personal preference. Some like the traditional crack of the bat, while others prefer a nice, dull thud.
http://img103.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2007/09/17/metbat-47v4846dw.jpg

obeyone10
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks Chris,
What "proof" are you needing? Another set of eyes that witnessed this whole ordeal? If so, I got them. I have 3 bats (1 from each brand that was marked up in case this ever came about). Are old ebay items not proof?

Just be wise in purchasing game used anything from anywhere with little to no solid wear/use. A few ball marks and moto stick with the numbers written on the ends don't make a bat anywhere close to game used.

If people want my personal opinion on an item they purchased from ASI in the past, I will let you know if that item was in inventory while I was there. I can only give my opinions on jerseys post fall 2005.
My email is obeyone10@aol.com

Bryan

ChrisCavalier
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks Chris,
What "proof" are you needing?
Hello Bryan,

Again, I will say up front that I have personal interest in this matter as I have never done business with ASI nor do I currently own any of their items. But, with all due respect, unless I am missing something this seems to boils down to the personal testimony of a former employee who appears to no longer be on good terms with his former employer. Further, the former employer is stating the claims of the former employee are not true.

Personally, given what you have provided, I do not have the ability to determine if what you are saying is true. However, there are channels that have been created to evaluate claims such as yours and determine if there has been any wrongdoing or breaking of the law.

With that said, I do have one simple question. If these illegal activities took place as you are claiming, why have you not gone to the legal authorities and instead try to discredit your former employer here? The former would seem to be the appropriate thing to do if what you claim is true. In fact, if what you are saying is true I would think you owe it to the collecting community to go to the authorities. I think we would all appreciate it if you could answer that question.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Vintagedeputy
09-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Is it possible to get a list of players bats who are alleged to have been doctored?

Snowbird
09-17-2007, 09:30 PM
This is very concerning potentially. On a side note, I received 2 months agao an Alex Rodriguez game used bat from ASI that was used in 2003, it has a bunch of MLB ink makes on the barrel, but absolutely no ball marks that would have caused these ink marks, the barrel has the new shine to it, but a bunch of ink marks. Also, when it arrived it had sticky pine tar which is very unlikely for a bat that was used 4 years ago. Also, since I have received the bat, it has dried up and is not stick. This is interesting that it dried up in 2 months and did not dry up in the 4 years prior to my ownership.

lund6771
09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
looks like Exhibit A, B, C, D, & E to me