PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Glove Prices?

PudgePollyMillerFan
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Being new to the game used baseball equipment/jersey collecting scene.....I was curious what type of prices I should expect on a game used glove? What type of price spectrum (High end example-Arod)....to (low end example-Brandon Inge)? Any help would be greatly appreciated....and....does it matter if it is autographed by the player or not? Thanks again!

PudgePollyMillerFan
09-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Sorry...if the post is confusing.....I mean prices on an actual game used fielding glove......not batting gloves......Thanks!

camarokids
09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Being new to the game used baseball equipment/jersey collecting scene.....I was curious what type of prices I should expect on a game used glove? What type of price spectrum (High end example-Arod)....to (low end example-Brandon Inge)? Any help would be greatly appreciated....and....does it matter if it is autographed by the player or not? Thanks again!

The retail price alone for some of these gloves is hundreds of dollars . Then add in the fact it is game used by a professional player . Expect to pay around $150 and up even for a common player , especially if you get into a bidding war with someone . Arod or Jeter would bring thousands .

kylehess10
09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I normally see unknown players' glove prices go for around $150-$200 and star players can go all the way up to $10,000 like maybe an A-Rod or Pujols glove.

godwulf
09-18-2007, 03:32 PM
My dear sister paid $4,922 for a signed and game-used Randy Johnson glove, as a Christmas present for me a few years ago. Believe it was a Leland's auction.

The most I've personally paid was a little over $1,500, for a Matt Williams SF Giants glove with a ton of use.

I've paid close to $500 for couple of others, but most have been in the $150 price range.

Brings to mind a funny incident that occured a couple of years ago. I saw a game-used glove up for auction on eBay, and I happened to have been in contact with the former Major League pitcher whose glove it was, because I'd just won the auction for his old Diamondbacks equipment bag. I emailed him with a link to the other Seller's glove auction, and he "authenticated" it for me by return email before I bid on it.