PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Tigers

shawn
09-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey Everyone,

As you can see I am very particular in what Detroit Tiger items I'm looking for. Please email me at shawnkirkland1@yahoo.com if you have any of the following items. Thanks in advance.

Justin Verlander (gu bat or hat)
Kenny Rogers (gu bat or hat)
Andrew Miller (gu bat or hat)
Joel Zumaya (gu bat or hat)
Fernando Rodney (gu bat or hat)
Jair Jurrjens (gu bat or hat)
Bill Freehan (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Norm Cash (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Dick McAuliffe (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Mickey Stanley (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Mickey Lolich (gu hat)
Denny Mclain (gu hat)
Jack Morris (gu hat)
Chet Lemon (gu uc bat,hat,uc helmet)
Brandon Inge (gu uc bat,uc helmet)
Ryan Raburn (gu uc bat,uc helmet)
Marcus Thames (gu uc bat,uc helmet)
Gorkys Hernandez (minor league) (gu bat,hat,helmet or gloves)
06,68,or 84 Tigers team signed balls or bats.

skyking26
09-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi Shawn:

We have one thing in common - we both collect members of the 68 and 84 Tigers bats... I have several from both teams. You have anything available you'd part with? I don't collect the recent guys - only guys that have wone a championship...

Bob from Marysville, MI

shawn
09-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey Bob,

I think we spoke before. I wish I currently had something to part with from the 68 or 84 tigers but I dont. I have all the 06 tigers bats,the main guys from the 84 tigers, but the only 68 bat I have is a Willie Horton. I just completed the 06 team so now I'm on the same mission as you. However Im in the mortgage buisness and have a client whom has just about all of the 68 and 84 tigers bats. I call him every couple of months to beg him to sell he said he may be selling these items possably in the near future. So when and if I meet him I will let you know what he has. I will for sure have a detailed list. Do you have any bats your parting with? Also did you ever buy that Norm Cash bat on game used bat.com?

Thanks,
Shawn

skyking26
09-24-2007, 08:47 AM
No, never bought the Cash and glad I did not. I do not think that was a true GU Cash bat. I met the guy at the National and got a weird vibe from him. He is very young and I just got the feel that he was uneducated on what he was selling.

I too have most of the 84's. All the main guys anyway. From time to time you see a Northrup, a Kaline, and I have seen 2 Freehan's in the last 10 years. Both were Bicentenials and went for over $500. Zane had a Kaline for $3000 plus recently. I am not in that league, but could swing the Freehan and Northrups. There was just a Les Cain about a month ago that went for more than I expected, and a Dave Campbell as well. Problem is, when these bats are made available via auction, there are more people like us around than one would think. The stuff goes for outrageous money. I still remember a Nelson Simmons bat going well over $200. Come on. He did little here, and outside the city limits of Detroit few would give you one dollar for his bat!

I sometimes wonder why I started the bats, but I am far enough along that I don't want to stop. Collecting GU stuff is very addictive. Please make note of my email: skyking442@hotmail.com, and my home phone: (810)364-1713, cell: (810)434-1175. Whenever you get together with this guy, please contact me. In as much, I am making some changes right now and need to move some Red Wing hockey bar beer mirrors. You or anyone interested? I will assist in driving them to the buyer or most of the way to prevent shipping issues. Please keep in touch - Bob

shawn
09-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey Bob,

I kinda agree on the Cash Bat I didd'nt like that fact it was an index bat sure looked nice thou. On the other hand never met the guy selling it but he was very kind on the phone. Yeah I agree on the Kaline bat with Zane I emailed him on the same bat to rich for my blood. I have seen several 68 bats on www.americanmemorabilia.com (http://www.americanmemorabilia.com) type in the name of the player in the past auctions its intresting to view. I will save your contact info keep in touch.

Thanks,
Shawn

skyking26
09-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Last 68 I got was from American Memorabilia - a Jim Price...

shawn
09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
I got a Lance Parrish bat from them as well. Actually they have a Dick Mcauliffe game used helmet up for auction now.

skyking26
09-24-2007, 01:14 PM
That would be interesting. I usually stick with bats with these guys. McAuliffe signes around here all the time. I believe he will be in the area soon at Gibraltar.

shawn
09-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey Bob,

Yeah I was thinking of going if you do let me know maybe I can meet you up there.

skyking26
09-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Shawn: Give me your email address and or phone #. I goto Gibraltar and Bruce Mugerian's shows often whenever a show guest is available that I need. I think I am set with McAuliffe as I know it unless I need him in a 68 yearbook...

Bob

rob@lrmemo
09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Justin Verlander Autographed Game Used Fielding Glove: 2006 Rookie of the Year

This Autographed Game Used Rookie Year Glove shows light use. This glove is signed on both sides of the glove and inscribed on one side "Game Used 2006 " and inscribed on the other side "Game Used", "2006 ROY 17-9", "3.63 ERA 124 K's".

http://www.lrmemo.com/photos/jv-gu-glove-lgt-rky-2.jpg

http://www.lrmemo.com/photos/jv-gu-glove-lgt-rky-6.jpg

Please contact me with any questions. We also have Curtis Granderson, Cameron Maybin, Jeremy Bonderman, and Gary Sheffield items.

Thank you,

Rob Chandler
rob@lrmemo.com

rob@lrmemo
09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.lrmemo.com/product_p/jv-gu-glove-lgt-rky.htm

http://www.lrmemo.com/photos/jv-gu-glove-lgt-rky-7.jpg

http://www.lrmemo.com/product_p/jv-gu-glove-lgt-rky.htm

Vintagedeputy
09-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Rob - thats a neat Verlander item! He is from Goochland County, Va. which is 10 minutes from me. Last year he came home and they had a function for him. I missed it because I didnt know about it until after the fact. He's a keeper! The Tigers can build a good foundation with him as a number 1 starter.

Jim

frikativ54
08-21-2011, 11:36 PM
http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=161960639&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=162307349

larry bourget
08-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

As you can see I am very particular in what Detroit Tiger items I'm looking for. Please email me at shawnkirkland1@yahoo.com if you have any of the following items. Thanks in advance.

Justin Verlander (gu bat or hat)
Kenny Rogers (gu bat or hat)
Andrew Miller (gu bat or hat)
Joel Zumaya (gu bat or hat)
Fernando Rodney (gu bat or hat)
Jair Jurrjens (gu bat or hat)
Bill Freehan (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Norm Cash (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Dick McAuliffe (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Mickey Stanley (gu bat,hat,helmet)
Mickey Lolich (gu hat)
Denny Mclain (gu hat)
Jack Morris (gu hat)
Chet Lemon (gu uc bat,hat,uc helmet)
Brandon Inge (gu uc bat,uc helmet)
Ryan Raburn (gu uc bat,uc helmet)
Marcus Thames (gu uc bat,uc helmet)
Gorkys Hernandez (minor league) (gu bat,hat,helmet or gloves)
06,68,or 84 Tigers team signed balls or bats.

Are you still looking for these items,

I have 2 Thames Helmets ( home and road cool flow), and Rodney home hat with U.S. Flag. You can reach me at
larry.bourget@sympatico.ca