PDA

View Full Version : How about those Yanks come from behind win ....

camarokids
09-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Wow , what an 8th inning by the Yankees . Sorry Sox fans , but I am actually rooting for the New Yorkers year ....because of all the crappy treatment AROD has received , I want him to succeed and continue his great play into October .....
Go Yanks !

On the opposite end of the baseball spectrum , the Devil Rays currently at 61w 86 L . Look like they are trying to lose 14 of their last 15 to make it a 100 loss season. On the positive note , that is success , just success at losing .

whatupyos
09-14-2007, 11:47 PM
HAHAHA! Continue his great play into Actober?? Is he going to go 1-17 again?? When is he going to show up besides the regular season? You think a guy making 25.2 million would produce in postseason...isnt that why 4 guys are getting 20+ million? I hope they flouder like they have since 2001....sorry Geroge but no more World Series for you!!!

richpick
09-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah but Arod has to prove he can hit in the playoffs!

aeneas01
09-15-2007, 01:35 AM
i watched the yanks do the same thing to the tigers not too long ago - one bruiser coming to bat after another. i'll tell ya, the yanks remind me of the old looney tune cartoon featuring bugs bunny as the pitcher (baseball bugs) who faces one moster batter after another...

did i mention that i can't stand the yanks?

http://www.santafe.edu/%7Ealbers/personal/baseball/baseball.jpg

3arod13
09-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Just open your favorite beverage....sit back...and watch, you Arod haters. Do you want salt and pepper on your words before you eat them (lol). I'm looking for this year to be differnt for Arod. He's just been way too consistent all year.

Of course, even if he has a good post season, Arod haters will still say, "big deal, he did it only one year...wait until next year."

It will never end. Too many Arod haters out there. Jealously does spread like a disease.

dcrules01
09-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Im a Mets fan as a lot of you know.But I am telling you right or wrong the Yankees making the playoffs will be scary for teams.They may have the underdog they can't do it working for them this year.A-rod's numbers are ridiculous this year.Contract year I do not see him failing in the playoffs again.Just my 2 cents :eek:

Vintagedeputy
09-15-2007, 08:04 AM
The Yankees were freakin' amazing last night!

They really took the wind out of the Bosox sail! What a come from behind win. I was glued to the tv every minute.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

bigtime59
09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I'm real excited about the $200mm team beating up on the $135mm team. Real excited. So, Okajima blew up last night...I seem to recall Okajima blowing up against the lowly Orioles recently, as well. Yankee$ fans might want to take note of the score before his implosion before popping any champagne corks. The way things are going, it's a pretty good bet that both of these teams could be gone by the end of the first round of the playoffs.
I'd much rather see the Angels and Indians advance, rather than the twin ca$h spewing behemoths of the AL East.

kellsox
09-15-2007, 11:09 AM
The angels have a payroll of approx 110 million- not exactly small market. They have spent $ pretty freely the last few years.

Yankwood
09-15-2007, 11:15 AM
It's the age we live in. It's crazy, but sorry, it's just the way it is. If you can't look past it and enjoy this rivalry then you might as well quit being a baseball fan because you have missed some of the best games and series of recent baseball history.

whatupyos
09-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Just don't go ballistic after AROD turns into KROD in the playoffs. I'd hate to see another crazed fan do a you tube video like that one joker did for his girl Brit Brit.

Vintagedeputy
09-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I'm real excited about the $200mm team beating up on the $135mm team. Real excited. So, Okajima blew up last night...I seem to recall Okajima blowing up against the lowly Orioles recently, as well. Yankee$fans might want to take note of the score before his implosion before popping any champagne corks. The way things are going, it's a pretty good bet that both of these teams could be gone by the end of the first round of the playoffs.
I'd much rather see the Angels and Indians advance, rather than the twin ca$h spewing behemoths of the AL East.

You can always tell a disgruntled Red Sox fan when they start bringing up payroll as an excuse for a loss....:)

Jim

whatupyos
09-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Watch out for the BabyBacks...they're young and most teams will under estimate them. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain...Any body, Anytime!!!!

Yankwood
09-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Watch out for the BabyBacks...they're young and most teams will under estimate them. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain...Any body, Anytime!!!!I want my babyback, babyback, babyback, babyback.......Who are the Baby Backs?:confused:

camarokids
09-15-2007, 02:36 PM
I want my babyback, babyback, babyback, babyback.......Who are the Baby Backs?:confused:

I was wondering the same thing and scrolled down and saw your question Yankwood.

Please enlighten us :D.......are you referring to the Diamondbacks of Arizona?

Yankwood
09-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing and scrolled down and saw your question Yankwood.

Please enlighten us :D.......are you referring to the Diamondbacks of Arizona?Ahhhhh.....very good...I think you've got it!!!

whatupyos
09-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I was referring to the DiamondBacks...I guess you have to be from there to know they are sometimes called the Babybacks since recently their starting lineup is all under 25 years old with the exception of Byrnesie.

jon_8_us
09-15-2007, 10:02 PM
The Yanks can have the come back regular season wins(Sox beat the Yanks today badly!!)We'll take the rings......
Jon

camarokids
09-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Great game for the Red Sox yesterday , kicked some butt . Every game is really going to matter coming down the stretch . This is the most exciting time of the year for baseball .