PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Short Jerseys

saintsfan
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before.

Does anyone know when the Carson Palmer worn short jerseys were first used? On MNF Palmer and some others had tails that just went down to belt level. No Reebok tag seen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=getty-75557836jm039_baltimore_rav&prov=getty

Tom

scottanservitz
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I believe those are just hemmed jerseys. Many skill position players like the shorter length jerseys I'm guessing for less to grab on and they might be more comfortable. I have a Bengals Dillon from 02 that is hemmed and I got photo evidence to prove it. As far as Bengals players I believe Chad Johnson also has hemmed jerseys. It just depends on the player. My Marshall Faulk jersey is also hemmed and I believe most of his jerseys are that way by his preference. If you are in the market for an NFL jersey of any player there are many photo references that you can check before purchasing anything. As far as dates go, I can't tell you that. But it is very common. Hope this helps.
Scott

jayt1234
09-12-2007, 08:26 AM
A lot of NFL players do in fact have there jersy's hemmed to a shorter length, and has an additional elastic cuffing on the bottom that does take off the Reebok tagging that is usually seen on the bottom left hand side. I know some of the lineman and linebackers actually have between 4 to 6 inches of length added so that the jersey will stay tucked in, and in the past there were actually buttons that were fastened underneath that attached the front to the back (don't think I would want one of those game used). I would think that some of the skill positions have elected to go with a shorter jersey so that there is not as much bulk that needs to be tucked into there pants. Also if the longer jersey did come untucked during a run it would allow for something to grab onto, where the shorter jersey would not have this problem.

Jay