PDA

View Full Version : Mcgwire and deter bats on ebay

Mat2786@aol.com
09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I was wondering what eveyone thought of the mcgwire and jeter bats on ebay. I emailed him twice about what year the mcgwire bat was used and still have no response. I see he has no feedback and I looked at his jeter bat and saw he doesn't show if it is underlined or not. I was just wondering what everyone else thought.

Thanks,
Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-GAME-ISSUED-MARK-MCGWIRE-BAT-AS-RAWLINGS_W0QQitemZ150158860526QQcmdZViewItem?hash= item150158860526

Jason
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I enlarged the image of the Jeter bat and messed around with the brightness a bit, I think I see a line.

http://gameusedgallery.com/images/jeter2.jpg

stlbats
09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
First of all, they do make replica bats with the team name under the players name. They also have the line under the 125, but do have the team. These can be purchased at anacondasports, baseball express, and other places I'm sure.

I am not 100% certain, but I think Jeter's gamers have the black Smith finish, this bat does not. Besides, who wants a "game issued" bat that someone has taken out and hit balls with?

Jason

cjmedina1
09-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I was wondering what eveyone thought of the mcgwire and jeter bats on ebay. I emailed him twice about what year the mcgwire bat was used and still have no response. I see he has no feedback and I looked at his jeter bat and saw he doesn't show if it is underlined or not. I was just wondering what everyone else thought.

Thanks,
Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-GAME-ISSUED-MARK-MCGWIRE-BAT-AS-RAWLINGS_W0QQitemZ150158860526QQcmdZViewItem?hash= item150158860526

Matt

I did email the seller just curious as to exactly what year the bat was.I also requested a few shots of the bat knob and the back of the barrel.I got the same result as you did NONE!!!!!In looking at the bat markings it seems to be from the 1990/97 era.If I happen to get any response from the seller I will Send you an email with some info.Hopefully he/she will send pitchers also so I can decide to bid:confused:

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

10thMan
09-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Simply my opinion, but I don`t like the mcgwire bat. I asked several questions & the seller posted a "generic" response...I have several (mac gamers) from the late 80`s to early 90`s. All of them are authenticated (PSA) & have stamped knobs.

I believe (not always, but most) mac early bats have either Mac,25, or two five on the knobs. This is written in sharpie etc...Most also have the weight written on them in ounces.

If i`m selling something for a few hundred dollars OR MORE, I have no problem responding to e-mails PROMPTLY, AND sending more photos.

If I`m NOT sure, no way i`m spending more than 50 bucks...

Just my "two cents"
Sean

whatupyos
09-12-2007, 12:23 AM
The bat at my best guess is a replica. Reason being, I have one exactly like this. When I was 12 or so I went to the A's fanfest. I bought the bat for $50. All I knew then was it was the exact style bat that Mac used. I now know that its a replica. There is no stamping on the nob of my bat. The company I bought it from is the same company that you occasionally see sell Mac bats on EBAY that are game model. They weren't used, they look exactly like a Mac gamer with the exception that they aren't weighted from my understanding, thus no stamping on the nob. I was lucky enough as a young kid, shortly after buying the replica bat to have Mac sign it for me and he even personalized it which was an awesome thing for him to do!!!

cjclong
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm glad some others picked up on this. The Jeter bat appeared to have a lot of use so I was interested. I thought that some replica bats did have the team name on them. Since he didn't have a picture of the brand I emailed him late in the afternoon yesterday to ask if the 125 had a line under it. As of now I haven't had a reply. If anyone hears anything please post.

BMH
09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Louisville Slugger does offer exact replicas of the Derek Jeter P72 and the Ken Griffey Jr. C271 now. The Jeter is Ash 34in. 32oz Smith finish. It is an exact copy of his gamer, though it does have the 125 underlined. The Griffey is maple 34in. 31.5oz black with the M9 logo on it. To tell it apart from his actual bats LS is putting a "7" on the knobs.

kingjammy24
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
here is the jeter "player replica" currently available from the louisville slugger gift shop:

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1078/jeterbv5.jpg

gee whiz, looks like it's got the team name on the barrell.

they've also offered griffey models with both the "reds" and "louisville slugger" under griffey's signature. i guess the latter would be offered as a "pre-1990" model.

some people try to fill the underline under the 125 with wood filler and then paint it over. lazier people will just try to scratch it away as if the scratch was part of natural wear or cover it up with pinetar.

the seller states "I know that you can not order or buy bats with the team name under the players name anywhere." obviously they're wrong. they're $75 a pop from the LVS gift shop.

they stated yesterday "I have had a lot of questions about the 125 on the Louisville logo. It looks like there might be a line under it.."

rudy.