PDA

View Full Version : Reebok...eh??...Nike Commercial

Moustache Gang
09-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Forum Readers,

Did anybody see the commercial tonight during the Giants v. Cowboys?? It has Merriman in a Reebok Chargers jerseys and he makes roughly three gigantic hits as he is running down the field. The commercial shows at least three different pro teams wearing jerseys from Reebok. The ball is then given to a Rams running back and he runs all the way down the field and just as he is about to be tackled at the one footline he reaches out with a blank (No Nike Logo) football over the goal line. Then the commercial goes black and it then shows "nikefootball.com"!!!!

I know Nike is noted for a bit of off the wall advertising and they arm the University of Oregon with some wild uniforms, but this goes against almost all marketing philosophies. To show Reebok logos at least three times and no Nike logos at all!!!

Anybody have any thoughts??

Thanks in advance,

Mark

zookerman182
09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
i have seen that commercial about 10 times total today and didnt notice it once. I do think that is one of the sweetest commercials i have ever seen though. Something about it gets me pumped up for football. i will look for what you pointed out next time i see it....which will probably be in the next ten minutes.

MichaelofSF
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah, seen the commercial alot yesterday and today. I noticed the reebok logos on the jersey, but that's because they are the official jersey/equipment supplier of the NFL. I agree that it makes no sense to show that in a Nike commercial, but maybe in order to show official team logos they had to use official jerseys which also have reebok logos.

Nilbog
09-11-2007, 02:26 AM
One of the sweetest commercials released in some time. The spot was directed by Michael Mann (Last of the Mohicans, Heat) and uses the theme from Last of the Mohicans.

mvandor
09-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Great commercial but neither I nor 90% of the audience woulda noticed what you did. Good eye.