PDA

View Full Version : Need your help to speculate for me...

TNTtoys
09-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Recently I purchased a pair of game worn pants from a team. The pants were from a one-off game (Turn back the clock, Negro league, call it what you will). Pants were also from a player that did not play in the game... however, when they arrived to me, they were soiled with dirt in multiple places.
I am in no way saying that the pants are not legitimate, but simply asking for any logical rationale how the pants could have gotten so dirty without actual game use. Any help would be great...thanks.

Tedw9
09-09-2007, 10:07 AM
This is just a rookies theory, so take it for what it is.

Even though the player never made it in the game, he still had to prepare just in case he was called upon to go in. So he most likely still stretched, took batting practice, maybe even a few ground/fly balls. I've also seen player horsing around while warming up, he could have been screwing around with teammates and took a tumble.

PudgePollyMillerFan
09-09-2007, 11:21 AM
TNTToys........Most if not all of the MLB teams use the pants year after year until they part with them......they were probably used in a game, but from season(s) past if your player did not wear them this season.......For instance...the Detroit Tigers sold their Negro League Jerseys and Hats this season....but kept the pants to re-use for the next season........hope that helps.