PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about this Miguel Cabrera bat

dcrules01
09-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Ok i'm helping someone out waiting for other pics.He bought this lot of items and the seller told him it was used against the Cubs in 06.I went back to MLBtv at Wrigley thank god for mlbtv I love it.Anyways he did not use any taped bats that series.Then I checked out the series in Florida.He used a taped X-bat not a Zinger.But through some photos he used a Zinger taped around June 7th..Here is the bat opinionshttp://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x252/MC24_2007/Other%20Stuff/baseball004a.jpg

zookerman182
09-09-2007, 02:24 AM
i kind of expected to see this picture. I too am helping this person find a photomatch for the bat and also a video match. I believe 100% the bat is genuine and the guy who is selling it just got his dates mixed up. I have seen the same photos you have of the taped x bat and the taped zinger. There is for sure not much use as it appears but he doesnt have many scans of the bat so i dont know for sure. The signature looks fine to me and even though cabrera uses a taped bat once in a full moon this could be the time he did.

3arod13
09-09-2007, 05:20 AM
I went back to MLBtv at Wrigley thank god for mlbtv I love it.

How far back (year) does MLB TV go back?

dcrules01
09-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Last seasons spring training of course there are only a few spring training games.Why you need something :)

sarahsdad
09-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Hello Everyone;
First off, the items are mine and I have had several inquiries for Jason Adair, aka miguelcabreracollector. Who is interested in buying the lot. The hat and bat came from the Cubs vs. Marlins series at Wrigley in 2006. I never said the bat was used in that series, just that it was game used and autographed by Cabrera and that he added game used under his autograph. It is Cabrera who says the bat is game used. I am only reporting what is on the bat. The hat was game used. The game they played at Wrigley was played in a slow drizzle and the next day the hat had shrunk and no longer fit him. I received the bat and the hat at the same time. The helmet was received directly from the Marlins in 2003 autographed and with a LOA on their letterhead. The helmet has a hologram inside and the hologram number is referenced in the letter. Perhaps this will clear some confusion up and save everyone some time going back and trying to review game footage from the 2006 series. Any other questions feel free to post and I will reply.
Sarahsdad

sarahsdad
09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
One more thing. This lot has not been purchased as reported in an earlier post. I am still the original owner and no money has exchanged hands. In fact, there seems to be some difficulty coming up with the funds and as of this time I believe the deal to be off given the potential buyers inability to provide payment.
Sarahsdad

dcrules01
09-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Possibly a bp bat??We all know how mlb recognizes anything used on the field as game used.Is the bat cracked at all ? I am not trying to discredit you I am just trying to help someone out with a match.Did not mean to stir anything up.Did some research late last night.And am just presenting the facts.Thanks for your responses.

sarahsdad
09-09-2007, 10:49 AM
DC Rules:
No offense taken at all. The bat is as real as it comes. I Am a big Cabrera collector and have done much research on his items. BP bat? Sure it is possible. However Cabrera put "Game Used" on it. People will have to judge whether or not that in itself is credible. Have seen many Cabrera autographed items and maybe 5 had "Game Used" on them. MLB had nothing to do with this bat. The bat was autographed in front of me and handed directly to me. Aside from Cabrera I am the only person who has ever handled the bat after receiving it directly from Cabrera. Jason is all p****d off now that I have posted his difficulties with obtaining these items and has sent me quite a scathing email but I understand from other posts on this very forum that he has been somewhat difficult to work with and I believe that I am seeing that first hand particularly with his recent email to me. And I am sure another scathing email is on the way!!! But business is business and in this business we all know that you better have thick skin because sooner or later the jabs start coming!!! Am happy to answer any more questions regarding this lot. Just post and I will answer!!
Sarahsdad

dcrules01
09-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the response they have been quick.I explained to him that I would guess a bp bat but I am no expert.I did a search last night and seen your name popped up a lot with the Cabrera name.Not even realizing someone on this board was in the process of selling it to him.I explained to him that you have to do research on your own and if lucky you meet a few good sellers along the way.I am lucky I have dealt with a few board members on a regular basis.Andrew Lang to be exact I owe half my collection to him...

sarahsdad
09-09-2007, 11:31 AM
DC:
I appreciate the dialogue. This is why the forum is here. Unfortunately, Jason is at a disadvantage as Jason has lost his inability to respond on this Forum so I see no need to continue this thread. Have a good day. Enjoy NFL opening Sunday!
Sarahsdad

Vintagedeputy
09-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Silencedogood, or Zimmerman 11 or whoever you are....

I do not care to get into the dispute over the bat, hat etc.

I do find it offensive that as a member who didnt follow the rules, you feel the need to keep coming back and signing on with another screen name. If you were banned, then you were banned. If you want to be reinstated, then ask. To keep signing back in with different names is wrong. If it was my site, I'd find a way to keep you from doing that for good. Maybe you enjoy creating extra work for the moderator who has to keep wasting his time banning your new screen name. Maybe you enjoy signing in for a day until you are banned and just creating havoc. Whatever the reason, its childish. Please knock it off.

dcrules01
09-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Sorry about the thread.I by no means was looking to discredit anyone just to make that clear.I was just being helpful to a new collector which I have done a few times on the board.Obviously there are issues that I was not aware of.