PDA

View Full Version : USFL jersey attacks table

RKGIBSON
09-08-2007, 04:14 PM
While going through my football jerseys I place them on my Broyhill dining room table. A New Jersey General USFL jersey was on the bottom of the pile with the screened on number in direct contact. I left the jerseys there for a week and somehow the screen printing attacted the finish on the table. The varnish was softened and stuck to the jersey. I called my friend that owns the furniture store and he said they had had numerous complaints of rubber place mats doing the same thing.

Anyone know how to get the transfered varnish off the screened on numbers?

Roger

34swtns
09-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Try a litle Goof-Off on a Q-tip directly on the varnish spot(s). Try not to get any on the surrounding vinyl, or at least as little as possible. If you touch the vinyl with the Q-tip, blot dry the area immediately. Just hit every spot individually and one at a time. Goof-off has almost no effect on heat-pressed vinyl if it's wiped off quickly.

RKGIBSON
09-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I am not familiar with goof-off. Where would I get it?

Roger

TNTtoys
09-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I have bought 'Goof Off' at the local hardware store. There are also other similar products like 'Goo Gone' which do the same basic thing.
I am not sure what type of a job it would do on a screen printed number, but I would probably take 34swtns's suggestion because he sounds like he's done this before. I would however exercise caution and apply to a very small area at first.

B1SON
09-09-2007, 01:07 AM
I have bought 'Goof Off' at the local hardware store. There are also other similar products like 'Goo Gone' which do the same basic thing.
I am not sure what type of a job it would do on a screen printed number, but I would probably take 34swtns's suggestion because he sounds like he's done this before. I would however exercise caution and apply to a very small area at first.

When in doubt..."Goo Gone" can remove anything!

mvandor
09-09-2007, 08:56 AM
To hell with the table, right? :)

34swtns
09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
To hell with the table, right? :)

Yeah, I'd burn that thing in the back yard. :p

RKGIBSON
09-09-2007, 11:52 AM
The table was replaced, jersey still damaged. I'll get the Goo after it and let you know.

Roger