PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Windbreaker from AMI Auction

sportscentury
09-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Fellow GUF members,

Does anyone know what happened with this jacket?

http://americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=25708

Any information about the history or current whereabouts of this jacket would be appreciated. Thanks,

Reid

hblakewolf
09-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Fellow GUF members,

Does anyone know what happened with this jacket?

http://americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=25708

Any information about the history or current whereabouts of this jacket would be appreciated. Thanks,

Reid

Reid-
As I noted once before when this item was questioned:

1. Provide me with a shred of evidence that Carlton ever wore this.
2. Provide me with a photo of Carlton or any Phillies plauer ever wearing a generic maroon jacket like this. I've never seen the Phillies wear a maroon jacket without the traditional P sewn over the breast in white, outlined in maroon, during Carltons stay.
3. How can it be attributed to Carlton? The Phillies wrote the players uniform # on the Wilson tag. Not only is is void of Carlton's 32, it is void of any identification.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

sportscentury
09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Howard,

I either forgot about or completely missed your first post about this jacket.

As to your questions, I have no idea. I'm not interested in obtaining the jacket, but rather making a note of what happened with it for my notes on phillies/carlton items that were publicly represented as game worn.

If anyone knows where the jacket is now, please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks, Howard - all good points, as usual.

Best,
Reid

2000mvpfan
09-08-2007, 11:18 PM
....Not saying the AMI one is Lefty's,but looks like he certainly did wear one at one time.....

Joe

2000mvpfan
09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Here's a clearer picture,without the "ChucksCards" over the photo..

Joe

starman22
09-13-2007, 08:53 PM
No follow up on this ... does this qualify as evidence?

both-teams-played-hard
09-13-2007, 10:52 PM
It does prove that Carlton, at least, wore this style.
Why did Chuck from Chuck's Cards add a watermark to the photo of the Topps card? Is he claiming ownership to his photo of someone else's photo? That's a stretch.

hblakewolf
09-14-2007, 05:11 AM
No follow up on this ... does this qualify as evidence?

Starman-
Has Carlton worn generic maroon jackets jackets? Based on the photo on the card, it's very likely (though we don't know what's on the back of the jacket he's wearing in the card), however, that is not the issue. If he wore this style, do you think he's the only player? How did the Phillies identify their jackets (i.e, # written on the tag, # sewn inside, etc.?) There's no way to know that the AMI jacket is Carlton's, Schmidt's or some common player, however, AMI decided to sell it as Lefty's because of the letter it came with, which is lame, but far from their lamest hobby practice.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net