PDA

View Full Version : Gfc Q&a

otismalibu
09-05-2007, 11:21 AM
A couple weeks back I emailed a question to GFC about an item in their current auction. I got a response a few days later from the Auction Director.

Yesterday I emailed another question regarding a different item and received this response.

We noticed that you are a bad bidder in our system.This means you have renegged in the past with us or another auction who we share that info with. Please explain so we can clear up communication with you in the future.

Odd.

Anyone ever get this message?

otismalibu
09-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I replied and said that they were mistaken...I had never backed out on my one and only GFC auction win, and they were promptly paid in full. This was years ago. I only have one other auction house win under my belt and that was promptly paid in full as well.

I asked if the "you're on our bad bidder list" email was just the GFC standard answer to questions they were unable or unwilling to answer.

This was today's reply.

You are indeed registered with us as a bad bidder. Honestly, I am here to answer questions for my paying customers. If that is the "standard" answer from Grey Flannel, then I suppose I will have to live with myself.
Once you prove to us that you have good funds and become eligible to bid once again, I will have no problems answering any question you may have. Until then, stop wasting our/my time.
Thank you,
T.J. Favilla

sammy
09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Most of these morally challenged auction houses think THEY are do you a favor by letting you spend your hard earned money with them.

With the rate currently around 20 to 25 percent, and going up, it is just ridiculous to even participate in this legalized thievery on many questionable items.

I sincerely hope the FBI is investigating these major auction houses, and their dubious practices, and nails a few hides to the wall.

both-teams-played-hard
09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I replied and said that they were mistaken...I had never backed out on my one and only GFC auction win, and they were promptly paid in full. This was years ago. I only have one other auction house win under my belt and that was promptly paid in full as well.

I asked if the "you're on our bad bidder list" email was just the GFC standard answer to questions they were unable or unwilling to answer.

This was today's reply.

You are indeed registered with us as a bad bidder. Honestly, I am here to answer questions for my paying customers. If that is the "standard" answer from Grey Flannel, then I suppose I will have to live with myself.
Once you prove to us that you have good funds and become eligible to bid once again, I will have no problems answering any question you may have. Until then, stop wasting our/my time.
Thank you,
T.J. Favilla

Another great example of how this forum helps expose these eliteists. These people are crooks. They think they're better than me/you. Just fax these fools a credit report to re-instate your bidding power. Anyway, who wants to give these ******* any money?

mvandor
09-13-2007, 06:23 PM
The wording of the emails are SO unprofessional, it sounds like Historic is a bunch of immigrants working out of a Miami garage. No one I'd do business with.

camarokids
09-15-2007, 05:23 PM
If GFC thinks you are wasting their time ? I think it would be funny if all of us flooded them with questions about any questionable items or (if any) items of interest.....:D

Vintagedeputy
09-15-2007, 05:30 PM
I have never bought anything from them but if that is the way that T. J. Favilla and GFC treats his customers, then I'm going to put him on my asshole list.