PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mantle Game Used Baseball Bat???

SkubeBats
09-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Hello,
I went to antique sale/show today and I found a Mickey Mantle bat. The bat has his name in script writing. The knob of the bat has K55 marked in it. The bat is 35" and 33oz the knob also has the number 20 in black magic marker. The middle lable has the "&" below the number 1. Also under the middle label is the words reg. U.S. pat. Off. I think this means it's from the 50's. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what I have found. At this time I don't have any way of taking a picture of this bat. I just was wondering if this could be a game used bat of his or what?
Thanks

SkubeBats
09-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I had another question about this bat. I was wondering if anybody knows what years Mickey used this model K55, 35" long and weighs 33 oz.
Thanks

SkubeBats
09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Hello,
I found out that the bat is from the 1953 season. He placed an order for this model K55 35" long and 33 oz on 5/28/53 and he only asked for 6 bats of this model. I found out that it was Willy Miranda that wore number 20 and he was sold to the Yankees on 6/12/53 not to long after this bat was ordered from Louisville Slugger. I was wondering how much this bat is worth?
Thanks!!

cjmedina1
09-04-2007, 10:51 AM
SkubeBats

The person you would want to contact is Jim Caravello.He is a Yankee fan and a Yankee bat expert.Post some pitchers of your bat.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net