PDA

View Full Version : Create Your Own Rawlings Glove!

hblakewolf
08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
With the various posts regarding the concern for identifying an "issued" Rawlings glove as compared to a legit "Player used" glove, I found this site that's extremely interesting. Can the average "Joe" order the same glove as worn by todays current stars, right down to the name being embroidered, too? The site boasts,
"Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Torii Hunter, Ken Griffey Jr. and Jim Edmonds.
FEATURES:
• AUTHENTIC RAWLINGS PRO PATTERNS
• WORLD RENOWNED HEART OF THE HIDE™ SHELL LEATHER
• DEER TANNED COWHIDE PALM AND FINGER BACK LININGS
• RAWLINGS OWN TENNESSEE TANNING RAWHIDE LACE

Is it possible that all of the so called "superstar" gloves found on ebay and the auction sites that are being questioned are actually being purchased from this site? Common sense dictates that there must be some differences. Anyone have any insight?

http://www.customglove.com/rawlings.html

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

island_style
09-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Hi, Howard.

Last Spring I had ordered a custom Rawlings glove with my name on it. The custom gloves have a different model number that starts with CBG (Custom Baseball Glove?). My model number was CBG15C (C for conventional back). I think these gloves are made in the Philippines, whereas some player gloves are made in the US. I'm not a glove expert by any means, so maybe some of the forum glove experts can provide more information. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com