PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Turn Back The Clock-HELP!!!!

hblakewolf
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Forum Readers-
I just picked up quite a few 2005 game worn MLB jerseys, and need help in determining one particular jersey.

It is a grey knit button-down with CHICAGO sewn in block letters on front, navy tackle twill, outlined in red. Matching sewn 5 on the reverse. It looks exactly like the road White Sox 1951-54 jerseys. I have to believe it was worn for a Turn Back promotion in 2004 or 2005. It is a Majestic, code 0062, and is size 44 (Juan Uribe?). Any help is appreciated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

nate
01-25-2006, 11:38 PM
A possibility? From Chicago Traveler 2005:

"Dodgers Make 1st Return to the South Side since 1959 World Series

The Chicago White Sox are Turning Back the Clock to the year 1959 for the June 17-18 weekend series against the Los Angeles Dodgers at U.S. Cellular Field. The weekend series will commemorate the Dodgers’ first trip to Chicago’s South Side since Game 6 of the 1959 World Series.

Turn Back the Clock festivities will begin on Friday, June 17 when the White Sox and Miller Lite will give away ‘59 replica caps to the first 10,000 fans age 21 and over.

Ten players from the White Sox ‘59 roster are scheduled to participate in a pregame on-field ceremony on Saturday, June 18: Rudolfo -Rudy-Arias, Joe Hicks, Ron Jackson, Jim Landis, Jim McAnany, J.C. Martin, Billy Pierce, Claude Raymond, Jim Rivera and Bob Shaw. In addition, White Sox and Dodgers players will wear ‘59 replica uniforms and the center field video board will feature 1959 trivia and entertainment. To enhance the experience for TV viewers, WGN will incorporate throwback graphics and in-game features on 1959 team members into the game broadcast. White Sox broadcasters Ken Harrelson and Darrin Jackson also will wear the ’59 replica Sox jerseys. Fans are invited to stay for a postgame fireworks display.

The 1959 World Series was one of the most exciting times in White Sox history, said Brooks Boyer, White Sox vice president of marketing. We’re thrilled that so many of the ‘59 Sox players will be at U.S. Cellular Field for the turn-back-the-clock festivities. The weekend will give our fans a special chance to see some of the greatest faces from one of the greatest teams in club history back together."

nate
01-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Found a pic......325

hblakewolf
01-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Nate-
Thank you very much for responding to my post and also providing great information and a photo.

The style of jersey in the photo is not the same as the one I have. My jersey is solid gray, button-down with CHICAGO on front in navy and red tackle twill, block letters. Same as the 1950's road White sox jerseys as noted in my initial post.

Any help determining what I have is appreciated.

Again, thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

MrOct44
01-26-2006, 09:13 PM
I think he jersey you describe was worn in an Indians - White Sox TBC game at Jacobs Field July 13, 2003. I have had a few jerseys from that game, the most recent is a Magglio Ordonez through the Indians Charities (through Rob Steinmetz). Hope that helps. Email me if you want a picture of mine to confirm it is the same jersey type.