PDA

View Full Version : G.I.A. contact #

zonker
08-31-2007, 10:52 AM
does anyone have a contact # or extention # besides the 1 they have on the site? i had 18 item's authenticated by them and all the #'s corresponding to the item's are wrong and 1 card i sent in was a 35 diamond star's error card signed by ernie lombardi and they took this card and placed the sticker straight to it , i think they ruined it. is this common? if anyone can help. please do and i appreciate it . some of the item's are already sold and people are acussing me of fake c.o.a.s! and want refund's!

zonker
08-31-2007, 10:56 AM
sorry i meant G.A.I just very frustrated!

3arod13
08-31-2007, 11:02 AM
does anyone have a contact # or extention # besides the 1 they have on the site? i had 18 item's authenticated by them and all the #'s corresponding to the item's are wrong and 1 card i sent in was a 35 diamond star's error card signed by ernie lombardi and they took this card and placed the sticker straight to it , i think they ruined it. is this common? if anyone can help. please do and i appreciate it . some of the item's are already sold and people are acussing me of fake c.o.a.s! and want refund's!

If you mean "GAI", yes, the do it and so does PSA. You have to specifically state you don't want the sticker on the card. Does this ruin it as a collectable? Personal opinion..I don't like stickers on cards. I think it does deface the card. You always should want them only encapsulated. Hope this helps.

Regards, Tony

sammy
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Try posting your request on the Autograph Forum.

Justin Priddy was the administrator on that site, but I haven't seen him post in a while.

He was also the "Senior Authenticator" at GAI, but in checking GAI's web site of autograph "experts" his name is no longer mentioned as an authenticator.

GAI's certification accounting does leave one wondering at times.

I have not had any cert number changes, just the fact that a lot of cert numbers are not listed in their search engine.

They did state on their web site to call in for verification if the COA number does not show up on their cert check.

Being as a customer already paid the fees, to which this service was supposed to be included, it is just sloppy and lazy business practice that only creates problems for anyone who uses them, and for the people who buy items with their COAs.

Pay attention GAI, you are losing customers!

zonker
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
thank's guy's bob and justin are the one's that authenticated the items and i thiught the card was supposed to encapsled , instead of them putting it directly on the card. if i knew how i would post a pic for your opions on the sticker on the card deal. i think it stinks!

David
08-31-2007, 01:54 PM
That's a bummer. Definitely would be nicer in the holder. However, if the sticker is on the back of the card, it is not ruined.

Most vintage autographed cards are well worn, and most collectors of vintage autographed cards know this, so a sticker on the back is not the death knell as it would be on a Mint Michael Jordan rookie.