PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Ryan Zimmerman Uncracked bat

brianborsch
08-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Hello all,

I managed to find this bat on ebay and it looks like a winner. I wanted to get people's thoughts on it. It is an uncracked Ryan Zimmerman game used bat from late 2006. All the bats at Lockerroom are all splintered or cracked. According to Kim at Ball Park Heroes, this one is uncracked with ball marks (see the mlb logo implanted from a ball in pic #2), deep seam marks, and moto stick. The traits seem to be Zimmerman's along with his style of 11 on the bottom of the knob and the top of the barrell. I can't wait to see it in person!

allstarsplus
08-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Congrats! I wish we had someone like Birdbats to follow Zim similar to how Birdbats follows each at-bat of Pujols.

My best guess is your LS M9 was used in September of last year during Zim's great Rookie season. I own an almost identical bat with the darker stained mota stick that was MLB hologram'd on 9/20/06 and I bought the MLB TV feed to the game and my bat was his HR 19 RBI 99 bat that was cracked in Zim's 2nd at-bat of that game. Here is the film:

092006_atlwas_tv_350_drm.wmv

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260920120

Although the LS M9 is not as rare as the Rawlings red or blue ring that Zim used last year, what I like is on your M9 the darker Mota stick and the overall use and the fact it is not cracked is rare.

This season Ryan has used LS only a few times and I have noticed only brownish mota stick. Most of this season Ryan has used black Max bat and blonde Marrucci w/ light Mota stick.

Ryan started off 2006 using a black LS M9 and then switched to the blonde H238 which he used most of the season until Sept.

Andrew

brianborsch
08-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey Andrew, thanks for the info. Yeah, Kim mentioned the bat was from you originally. I have been looking for a good uncracked Zimmerman bat. Any word yet on the auto'd bats you were checking on for me?

Brian B.

indyred
08-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Great looking bat. The MLB logo imprint looks sweet. I know in the pink bats auction thread someone posted pictures of one with perfect MLB logo transfer like your Zim bat.

brianborsch
08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
If anyone is interested, I may be willing to sell this. Let me know.....

allstarsplus
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey Andrew, thanks for the info. Yeah, Kim mentioned the bat was from you originally. I have been looking for a good uncracked Zimmerman bat.
Brian B. Brian - I am glad you ended up with this bat as it is tough to get an uncracked Zim with great use! Also glad to see you are collecting Zim again!

Andrew

brianborsch
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Any word on what happened with the Father's Day Home run bat? It is no longer on Lockerrooms site. Maybe someone bought it? It was fairly clear it was not the bat. Althought they said Zim would have spoken to me over the phone to tell me personally that it was the bat and that he personally set the bat aside and then signed it. I just couldn't invest that amount of money on something that had a question surrounding it.

brianborsch
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
By the way, the post below is nothing bad regarding Lockerroom, it was just a potential mistake. Not quite sure how it turned out or what was found out.

greengrizzle
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
can someone please tell me of this bat is real and if it is uncracked. I mean ive been in contact with the seller, and i still dont know what to believe. I am currently selling all my cards - all the zimmerman's to purchase a game used bat from zimmerman. I just really wanted one that was uncracked or unsplinters. The autogragh on it im not worried about cause that will give me something to track down zimmerman for the first time. I live like 10 miles from the staduim. Im VERY knowldgable on cards but not on game used memorabilia. here is the link. he says its from his rookie season. If it was from his rookie season wouldnt it have the number 20 on it? anyhow i just want to make sure its real first and worth the money. he wont come down on the price. please help someo
ne that knows this stuff. kinda looks like this bat in this forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200210612791&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

indyred
03-30-2008, 12:35 AM
can someone please tell me of this bat is real and if it is uncracked. I mean ive been in contact with the seller, and i still dont know what to believe. I am currently selling all my cards - all the zimmerman's to purchase a game used bat from zimmerman. I just really wanted one that was uncracked or unsplinters. The autogragh on it im not worried about cause that will give me something to track down zimmerman for the first time. I live like 10 miles from the staduim. Im VERY knowldgable on cards but not on game used memorabilia. here is the link. he says its from his rookie season. If it was from his rookie season wouldnt it have the number 20 on it? anyhow i just want to make sure its real first and worth the money. he wont come down on the price. please help someo
ne that knows this stuff. kinda looks like this bat in this forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200210612791&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

That looks like the exact same bat in this post. Ask the seller if he has Ball Park Heroes letter for it.

brianborsch
03-30-2008, 12:42 AM
It was from Ballparkheroes-who is a very reliable source. I am the seller. The bat is completely uncracked. He did NOT wear #20 during his rookie year. That was during his first callup. His rookie year was 2006 in which he wore #11 the entire time. A player is not considered a rookie until he breaks 130 at bats.

greengrizzle
03-30-2008, 01:01 AM
ok, i gotcha, on the MLB definition on a rookie. anyhow, why wouldnt you tell me it was from ball park hero's and send me in that direction. i told you i would be more than happy to buy that bat from you for the price requested if i could get a COA for it. I believe its real, but if i were to ever sell it god forbid maybe the person next to me wouldnt be so trusting, for me to get top dollar like you did when/if i bought it off you. ill be the one to try to contact the "ball park hero"s to try to see if they have a copy of there letter

greengrizzle
03-31-2008, 08:34 AM
i believe you man, i just am doing my homework and trying to trace and track the bat down to the game it was used and im trying to talk to BPH. i e-mailed for info on bat and mayne a COA or info on the game it came from. havent heard back yet. I mean if there is a just as nice bat out there uncracked, unsplinters, with nice game used marks and traits form ryan zimmerman, then point me to that direction then just telling me to go somewhere else if the price is $500? no disrespect meant. I mean if i can get a photo of zimmerman in the game with the bat in topic with the same marks, this bat would be a kick a$$ piece of memorbilia for my collection. My best piece since all ive ever collected is his 2005 rookie auto's. thank for all the help so far hope it keeps comeing. I mean if someone knows a better way of photomathing if BPH cant tell me which game it came from, please letme know, or i can pay someone a little something something for there knowledge. thanks a million guys. I know im new here, i belong to tons of forums and have tons of trader feedback,, but i know that im new here and i appreate any help anyone has to offer.

ok i just got done talking with Ball Park Heroes, "Kim" she says that a LOA was issued with it and why dont you offer that to me with the bat. I was wondering why you wouldnt tell me about any of this, that i had to learn even after asking you many times, i had to learn from other people that the bat came from Ball Park Heroes and that it in fact does have a LOA somewhere, unless you got another bat without a LOA and plan to use the one issued for the bat your trying to sell for the on one you own now. only thing i can think of for someone to not be honest. I mean these are red flags that make me want to investigate a situation.

dan

brianborsch
03-31-2008, 08:58 AM
Dan,

Before you "mudsling" me on the boards, you might want to do more research and have more conclusive evidence as to me being "dishonest". I am certainly NOT trying to be dishonest. I looked in the box that the bat was in before the auction and there was no LOA from Ball Park Heroes so I did not mention it in the auction and thats why I did not mention it to you. In fact I don't remember ever seeing one with this bat.
I have the pics of the bat when it was on BPH's website and they will show that this is the EXACT bat from that site. Actually, the pics in the begining of this thread are the exact pics from BPH's site!
Not trying to hide anything here, just trying to sell the bat. I did not mention BPH as I know they are reliable so I was just trying to save you a step. Anyways, keep me posted on your research.

greengrizzle
03-31-2008, 11:47 AM
im not saying you where dishonest, im saying you woudnt tell me where the bat came from you just said it came from some guy named andrew, i dont mean to make you mad or anything, i just was wondering why you wouldnt tell me it came from ball park heroes and you told me you didnt have a COA when they Kim said that the bat would have a LOA with it since it came from them. Thats All. I dont want a bad relationship here, i hopefully can buy you bat, if you will even still sell it to me. I just want the LOA that came with it thats all. and then i will pay the $500 you want for it, or maybe BPH can give you another. so im sorry i didnt mean to call brian dishonest i just didnt understand why someone would want to leave good selling info out, from one collector to another. specially two hard core zimmerman collecters. So i really should of re-read how i stated things. i was stating how i felt about the situation at hand not Brian himself as he has responded to every e-mail and question i have asked, in one for or another.

Jags Fan Dan
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I see you place a great importance on COAs/LOAs. That will certainly change as you continue to develop your expertise in game used items.

bigtruck260
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Since you guys have been posting this publicly, I want to chime in here...

"GreenGrizzle" - I know plenty of reliable dealers and collectors that do not offer a COA/LOA for items that they sell. This is because the bat has been procured from a solid source. Many of these items exceed $500 - and often are well above that amount.

For Jerseys and some high end items, a team letter is really invaluable to an item...and sometimes player letters surface. However, a COA from anyone other than the team or player is only a piece of paper. The item still has to have proper use characterisitics, ordering records, etc.

This bat seems to have a paper trail attached to it, as I have already seen it in another thread. Instead of posting this stuff in a public forum, why not just email each other - honestly, it looks like you are trying to call Brian out here...and since the original thread about this bat has been posted, it is obvious that everyone here knows where the bat originated, and it has documented proof in the GUU archives.

If you are that concerned about it, move on and try to find another bat, right?

Dave

allstarsplus
03-31-2008, 02:22 PM
This bat seems to have a paper trail attached to it, as I have already seen it in another thread.

DaveI just ran across this thread which I previously posted to a while back.

The bat in question I believe is one of the Zim "rookie" bats that I sold directly to Kim at Ball Park Heroes.

Most of my Zim bats have MLB #'d holograms and are cracked, but that one in particular was uncracked and didn't get the hologram and I got it directly from one of the players.

After last night's Walk Off HR, I would guess the price went up!!!

Good luck. Andrew

Vintagedeputy
03-31-2008, 02:43 PM
greengrizzle - I got my Zim bat from Andrew, no hologram and no COA and I have absolutely no concerns about it being the real deal or not. Its as real as it gets. I didnt expect or ask for a COA because I know that Andrew has the connections to the team and he gets good stuff.

It makes sense that an "uncracked" bat would not have a hologram. To my knowledge, the hologram is only placed on the bat when it can no longer be used in a game (i.e. - cracked).

If Andrew sold a bat to BPH and they sold it to Brian and he is now offering it for sale, I wouldnt expect a hologram or COA from anyone except the Nats (if they even issued one at all). After the bat leaves the original owners' hands (Nats), a COA from anyone else is worthless. If Andrew got a COA from the Nats and passed it along, great. If not, so be it.

You should just try to be knowledgable enough to distinguish a gamer from anything else and certainly not hint at any of the accusations that you seem to be making against a respected member of this forum.

Jim

chakes89
03-31-2008, 04:32 PM
I want to take this time to once again thank Andrew for my Ryan Zimmerman uncracked gamer

It is one of my favorite bats

Kudos to you sir

You are a great person for the hobby

Vintagedeputy
03-31-2008, 04:33 PM
I want to take this time to once again thank Andrew for my Ryan Zimmerman uncracked gamer

It is one of my favorite bats

Kudos to you sir

You are a great person for the hobby

ditto

greengrizzle
03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
look i cant take back what i said, i told you i didnt to go come across like i did. obviously i really crossed the line if i have all of you respondeding the way you are. Look, if you where to ask me about how a 1994 a-rod Upper deck sp might grade and what it is worth, how many have been graded, or name every single ceritified ryan zimmerman abseball card ever issued, id go right down the list for you. i didnt and still dont know jack on game used bats. Though ive learned 100% more than i did with talking with Brian and you guys i still cant claim i know much. the way "deputy" put it and someone else(put posting a reply i cant scroll up to copy the name) i see now how it is for a game used bat. Thats all that really needs to be said. While im so parinoid about the computer and being ripped off, because i know myself and how i can convince myself about something beacuse haveing a ryan zimmerman bat in my collection is something i never thought i could actually own. So i didnt mean to call anyone out, i just wanted to know the deal with this and why things are the way they are. Maybe i came off wrong, well i did come off wrong, and maybe that was to get a reaction so i could get what i thought was the truth out of the situation. My apoligy's to Brian and to those i might of disrupted on your forum.

greengrizzle
03-31-2008, 10:48 PM
also, ive learned that from what i thought was a bunch of people making money off of game used stuff and it being a business, its actually quite the opposite and im lucky to be able to have bats like Brian's even come out of the Organization to end up in the hands of a collector that just plainly loved the sport of baseball

greengrizzle
11-28-2008, 07:15 PM
brian can you please get a hold of me....phone number 703-463-4161 or email me at liveandlearn831@yahoo.com. your messsaging is turned off and i dont have youe ebay name anymore in my messages to contact you through there. thanks man

Crash1207
02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Hate raising a thread from the grave like this but I had a question regarding this bat.

Over time, I ended up in possession of this bat.

My daughter needs braces so it is time to let some things go. Does anyone know what I should ask as a sales price for this?

Thanks!