PDA

View Full Version : Fake game used items

richpick
08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
I for one would say that in order of fake game used items this would be the rank of sports with the most to the least:

Baseball
Basketball
Football
HockeyI know that some would argue that 2 and 3 should be flip-flopped

What do you think?

What player in each sport do you think you see the most fake items of?

33bird
08-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, I don't know about the order, but I DO KNOW that there are a ton of fake Jordan and Bird gamers our there. Sometimes I think they kept all their stuff and it's all bad. I really do.
Greg

B1SON
08-28-2007, 01:09 AM
I agree - there are a LOT of fake Jordans floating around.

richpick
08-28-2007, 01:20 AM
With all of the fakes of superstars around I think that I will buy non-stars and at least know in the future a third party will not tell me I bought a fake. Who would go to the trouble of faking a ________ you all can insert the name of your favorite scrub major leaguer above.

B1SON
08-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Not to mention taht the purchase price is rather inexpensive. I don't think the jerseys of the players I collect will ever be mistaken for fakes. :D

ahuff
08-29-2007, 04:20 AM
Well, I don't know about the order, but I DO KNOW that there are a ton of fake Jordan and Bird gamers our there. Sometimes I think they kept all their stuff and it's all bad. I really do.
Greg

I remember watching Bulls games when I was a kid. Jordan was a big "Anti-Dealer" type of player. I heard the announcers indicate, during one broadcast, that Jordan didn't like the deceipt that goes on in the hobby. Jordan clearly told them that anyone buying any game used items were wasting their money, as he gave his items to his family (primarily to his kids). Therefore, EVERYTHING on the market was 100% fake.

Now, obviously he would have had tons of game used items during the course of his career. You would think some have made it out into the public. I know his mom sold some legit stuff (the link is below). But that would be about the only place I would personally trust. Not only that, but it also tells you that he might not have been blowing smoke - perhaps he did just give the stuff to his family. With all the game issued and outright counterfeit items, I just think the rest is just a crap-shoot.

Just my 2cents.

http://www.jamesjordanfoundation.com/auction.htm

lund6771
08-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Ahuff...

THe Bulls also have a charity event every year where they've sold stuff...I bought a Jordan and a complete Pippen from them a few years back...they also told me told me that they are 100% certain the items they sell are all worn, because they kept track of EVERY item...later I looked inside the jerseys and saw some writing on a tag inside, and the writing had definitely had bled from washing...

the Pippen wil be in the GUU auction coming up

they also told me that they are working with the some government agencies with all the fraud out there...

as a side note, I went to their first charity event held in the summer of 1993...they had a home Jordan that had a ton of use on it...a doctor bought it for $10,000.00...weird thing was that the jersey had only one tag on it...the Champion size tag

my own opinion is that 99% of the Jordan stuff sold out there is trash