PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Manny GU bat from Elite!Need some help.

jon_8_us
08-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Many of you may have read my post about my many problems getting this Manny bat i prepaid for from Elite.Well my thread worked and Ted from Elite overnighted me the bat yesterday.Ted was great to deal with.Very prompt and courteous.Better yet he kept his word.To a point.Ted did not take my order for the bat.Scot did.I ordered a 07 Ty's Sam bat with heavy tape on the knob.What i got was a 10/4/04 CD1 Sam.Bat is hammered with seam indentations and has the heavy tape(although i was looking for a different style).My concern is the pine tar.There's not a whole lot.Although there is some.So i'm actually gonna need help from you guys on this one as this is not a model Manny used much.Can anyone find me pictures or tell me about this bat?I have looked and struck out.I have the option to send it back but wanted some insight first.Please Bobby help me on this one....please.

P.S. Ted also sent me a Manny signed black MLB ball free of charge for my inconveniences.

jon_8_us
08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
couple more pics

jon_8_us
08-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Nothing out there?Anything?
jon

Sheffield11
08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I looked through i few bat records but couldnt find anything on the CD1 for Manny. Maybe the bat was used by Tejada? I know they are good friends and there have been pics of tejada and manny using each others bats. I believe the CD1 is tejada's model of choice.( not 100% sure, but i have seen a few CD1 tejada bats out there). Also tejada uses similar tape and less pine tar. ill try to find some pics but you could always double check it. In the end its your call, return it if you think its not good or keep it for your manny collection. Good Luck

jon_8_us
08-23-2007, 06:36 PM
I am returning the bat.There are way to many questions.And the saga continues.I will keep you all updated.
Jon

Sheffield11
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Good Move. Hope you get a refund or a better bat. Good Luck